✮ 𝟎𝟔𝟔 ✮

morag to vormir in 2014
what could go wrong?

MARLENE made sure the Benatar was ready to fly as Rhodey called for her and Nebula to be done with the test flight. Marlene glanced at Nebula with a smile as they hopped off the ship to look around the planet that Peter Quill would appear on at any moment.

As soon as Marlene's feet met the planet's ground, she fell to the ground with a loud gasp of pain. Everyone ran to her, trying to help her stand as she began violently coughing. Clint's eyes widened further as Marlene's brunette braid began to turn white from her roots.

Nebula made everyone back up as Marlene spazzed a bit. "We're back in time. Her body's connecting with the stone... wherever it may be in the universe."

"That's good, right!?" Natasha asked happily.

Rhodey watched as Marlene fell on her back as she stared at her hands. "Maybe?" he asked as he watched her mumble to herself.

"Duck," Clint murmured, and everyone dropped as she sent the brightest rays of light in the air. It was only blue, which confused the others as they remembered Rocket's long discussion of her upgrade in the past.

Marlene was breathing heavily as she felt a piece of her click back into place.

Standing, she whimpered out, "Sorry!" before laughing. "Oh, shit. We need to go."

Clint helped her up as she was still smiling to herself. Rhodey met his eyes as she began making sparks from her fingers. It was as if she was the Marlene from 2014 again. They did not know if it would last, but Marlene did not care. Hovering, she twisted and turned in a circle excitedly.

"Hey, can we hurry it up?" Clint called to her as she turned to face them with a sheepish expression.

"Take care, okay?" Rhodey said as he hugged Natasha before hugging Marlene. "You take it easy. Take that stone and come back. No messing around."

Clint nodded with a grin. "Hey. You got this. We got this."

"Let's get it done. Yes, sir. You guys watch each other's six!" he called as Clint and Natasha turned to smile at him. Marlene flew ahead of them to the ship with a gleeful smile on her face.

As they made it on the ship, Marlene sat in the pilot's chair as Natasha and Clint sat behind her. Clint grinned at her childlike actions as she had rays of blue surrounding her head like fireworks as she called back, "Buckle in."

Nebula called from the hatch, "The coordinates for Vormir are laid in. All they have to do is not fall out!"

"I know how to fly!" Marlene said. "Good luck!" She shut the hatch, clicking a button on console to start Peter's playlist. When a song came on, Natasha sniggered quietly. "What?"

"It's good to see you happy," Natasha said as Marlene took off to Vormir.

As they began flying, Marlene called out they were nearing the jump. When the ship sped up, she could hear the pair laughing behind her.

"It's a long way from Budapest!"

Marlene grabbed the controls back as her eyes fell grey again. She felt powerful again, and she felt confidence she lacked for the past five years. Landing the ship on Vormir, she let it turn itself off as she stood. She turned to face them and said, "All right. Let's get this stone and get back home."

As they stared at the planet in front of them once off the ship, Clint whistled under his breath. "Wow. Under different circumstances, this would be totally awesome."