𝟡 - 𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝕄𝕠𝕟𝕥𝕙 𝕆𝕗 ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕘𝕖

October is the month of change

October is the month of change. Leaves turn to shades of fire and the scenery turns into an explosion of deep colours. The sun is still there, but its cold and pale rather than warm and brightening. October was the month Ophelia finally understood that there can be good and beauty in change. It had been just over four weeks since Ophelia began at Hogwarts and things were going amazingly during the daytime. The change to Hogwarts was good, the change in friends was amazing and the unexpected change in last name was life changing. October daytime was amazing.

But at night that mask dropped and Ophelia could feel all her worries clambering back to the top of her head. A maximum of three hours of sleep per night was starting to take a toll on Ophelia but somehow the adrenaline and desire to not acknowledge she was struggling kept her going. The bags under her eyes were easily covered with foundation, lies were easily told if she yawned when least expected and caffeine was always there to power her through. Her mind was in so much pain that it wouldn't dare fall asleep because it had to stay awake to keep her safe.

It was 6am on October 7th, a cold Tuesday morning and Ophelia was one of the first in the Great Hall as always. Ophelia took a seat on the Gryffindor table, she was the first Gryffindor there, the fullest table was Ravenclaw with the majority of them reading. The smell from the piles of delicious breakfast food made Ophelia feel nauseous but she needed to be here purely because it was somewhere else to be as well as allowing others to think she was ok. So Ophelia rested her head between her arms on the table but not too long after she sat down she heard the clicking of small heels, a mug of tea placed in front of her and a body join her to the right.

"You've been lying to me young lady."

"What? What do you mean?" Ophelia looked up from her arms to see Minnie looking rather concerned.

"You have been here exactly as the doors open each day and don't try and tell me that it is because you're an early riser. Your makeup and hair is impeccable which tells me you've already been awake at least an hour or more. You are not sleeping are you." The lady frowned, not in anger but rather disappointment.

"I am! I'm managing a few hours sleep each night." This response warranted a rather large sigh from Minnie before she placed a hand on Ophelia's shoulder, noticing a slight jump from Ophelia at the action.

"You're on edge again, Ophelia this isn't good."

"I will be fine, I always have been."

"You were never fine, just merely surviving and only just. Please accept my help."

"Minnie you are a busy lady, all of these students need you just as much I am sure. I can't take them away from you."

"You are not. I am going to visit Professor Slughorn to see if he can brew a mild calming potion for you to take before bed. Not strong enough to change your mood, more just relax you. You will be taking this whether you like it, if not for yourself then take it for me."