𝟙𝟙 - 𝕌𝕟-ℝ𝕦𝕕𝕕𝕪-𝔹𝕖𝕝𝕚𝕖𝕧𝕒𝕓𝕝𝕖

WOOF WOOF

WOOF WOOF

"Alright Fang, I 'eard the door ye don't need te keep woofing." The hut door swung open. "Alright kiddo!"

"Hi Hagrid." Two paws placed themselves on to Ophelia's shoulders and a large slobbery lick was placed upon Ophelia's face. "Nice to see you too Fang."

"I'm glad yeh came Ophelia, got something real exciting to show ye, follow me." Hagrid came out of his front door with Fang and beckoned Ophelia to follow. They passed through his pumpkin patch and then entered some woodland that backed directly onto his garden. After five minutes they seemed to reach their destination. "Ok, yeh gonna need to follow me lead here, normally students aren't allowed near these creatures but yeh different. Now just round this corner is a Hippogriff."

"A hippogriff! Hogwarts has a hippogriff?" Ophelia was stunned, she had found herself reading Newt Scamander's books multiple times and couldn't deny how fascinated she was by all the creatures in the magical world.

"We 'ave a fair few, now from what Professor McGonagall has told me, yer really know yer stuff about creatures so I'm sure yer don't need reminding that Hippogriffs are proud creatures. Easily offended, that they are." Ophelia nodded in return, trying to contain some excitement but she was practically bouncing on her feet like a child on Christmas morning.

"Yes, Scamander said you should never offend one, but I can't see why anyone would want too."

"Yer right, and I agree, beautiful creatures they are. So yer must must wait for the hippogriff ter make the first move. Yer walk towards her, yer bow, then yer wait. If she bows back, yer allowed to touch her and see the extra surprise. I don't think yer gonna need to worry about her returning the bow, yer seem to be a natural around creatures." Hagrid began walking towards a large tree and motioned Ophelia to stay behind him, before walking around the trunk. "Ello there Stormy. I brought a friend for yer, Ophelia come ere." Ophelia edged around the trunk and came face to face with a sitting Hippogriff who's brilliantly orange eyes shot to Ophelia's figure. Quickly Ophelia bowed and within seconds the Hippogriff bowed back.

"Un-ruddy-believable. Go on kiddo, give her a fuss."

Ophelia took a slow step towards the Hippogriff, rather nervous that any sudden movement may frighten the creature. Ophelia reached out the back of her hand and rested it on their head, the bird nuzzled against Ophelia's hand in return.

"Hello beautiful, what was your name again?"

"Stormswift, but I like to call her Stormy." Hagrid had come beside Ophelia now and unbeknownst to Ophelia his mouth was remaining open in a state of shock.

"Stormy, what a lovely name. It's lovely to meet you." Ophelia spoke softly to the creature, lowering herself down to a sitting position. "Hagrid she is beautiful, thank you for bringing me here."

"Yer more than welcome. I gotta say, I ave ne'er seen a Hippogriff trust so quickly. Yer really are a natural."

Ophelia was about to respond until Stormy bent her head down to Ophelia and gently knocked it before letting out a small squawk.