Part 54

"To leave you alone."

*

I smiled and nodded, feeling how deep his sincerity towards me.

"I don't even know how can I thank you for being there for me at times. Especially... That day.." I said and he chuckled, looking down on my lips as he leaned more closer, I abruptly moved away and awkwardly muffled my whine and sat in discomfort as he looked surprised of my quick reflex.

"U-uhm.. Anyways.... I-I'd just treat you on a nice restaurant when we get to fully recover and go out again... F-for now..." I couldn't even speak normally after getting too flustered of his sudden move.

"Yeah, right. F-ck it, so close..." I heard his low whisper to himself as he sulked on his bed. Well... I don't even know what I'd do but I think I did what's right..

"But... Mingyu. W-where's Jeonghan?" I asked and he looked at me.

"You shouldn't ask me that. Go ask someone else."

"Come on, I know you know where he is." I said and he rolled his eyes, sucking more of his lollipop.

"My dear cousin is in good hands and he wouldn't survive if not because of me." He said that made my mouth swung open.

"W-what do you mean...?"

He then sighed and faced me once again with a very serious aura.

"He lost a lot of blood and he's in a critical condition where if no one would be willing to donate blood, he can't survive and would die. Auntie and Uncle was excluded for donating blood because he never wanted them to do it ever since. And as a cousin who had been into several fights with him and the reason of his often bleeding, I volunteered." Mingyu longly stated and looked out of the window in humiliation.

"But... You're not the same blood type, right?" I asked and he chuckled, facing me with amusement.

"You don't get it at first. I say he's my cousin but what's true is that he's a step-brother of mine." He said that made me frozen and my mouth almost falling down the floor.

"S-step brother?"

"His father and my mother had a relationship and made me as a mistake. His mom doesn't want to let go of our father so he stayed although there's complications around the family. He never adressed me as his brother ever since and we've been known to the public as cousins so we settled it like that because of his discomfort." He said and threw the stick of the lollipop somewhere around the room.

"He despises me a lot because he said it's my mother's fault for my existence and the complications towards the whole family." He said and sighed frustratingly.

"But... You're a good brother anyways. A-and.. You showed your love and affection by.. B-by..."

"By giving him another chance to live..." I said and tears started to fall as I looked down. I don't know why did I suddenly reacted like this but this feeling of missing Jeonghan started forming inside me as I think about him in repeat.

"T-thank you... Thank you so much..." I said and continued weeping. He only watched me as I sobbed and after awhile I felt him wrapped his arms around me.

"You're welcome. If it pleases you, It's my pleasure as well. And if it makes you happy, so does it to me." He said as he caressed my hair with his big yet gentle hands.

"I-I miss him... I miss him so much already..." I said between my sobs and I heard nothing but only his sigh the whole time were in that position together.

"You can't see him yet, okay? You have to recover first.."

*

And it's been a few days later and now I'm being discharged today. Mingyu was discharged yesterday but he insisted on staying with me until I'll be discharged as well. Mama by the other hand, is resting at home while I ordered Mingyu to at least let me visit the Yoon Mansion. I still can't walk by myself so I'm supported by a pair of crutches to help me walk.

"Noona! Hyung!" Seungmin welcomed us right at the doorway.

"Hana, how are you? We feel so sorry that you have to suffer like this.." The housemaids said and I smiled at them.

"No problem, I'm fine. But... Where's Jeonghan?" I asked and the housemaids exchanged looks with a bothered reaction.

"You... Haven't seen him yet?" They doubtfully asked and I nodded. Well, that kind of bothered me too the way they looked so bothered when I asked about Jeonghan.

"He's still on the ICU. His condition is still on critical when we last heard the news about him.." The housemaid said and once again, I felt myself crumbled and my mind automatically left the reality.

~

"Yoon Jeonghan, Room 374."

Mingyu and I rushed to the ICU where Jeonghan was said to be confined. Though I hardly walked, I still had the courage to come and see how he is at the moment.

We arrived at the room where Jeonghan is confined and his mother and the Master opened the door for us.

"Hana, dear... I'm glad to see you recovering now...." Jeonghan's mother said but all I did is tear up in front of her.

"I-I'm very sorry that this h-happened to him... I-I didn't mean to take him to trouble... I-I'm very sorry..." I repetitively apologized to Jeonghan's parents as I couldn't even see him yet, not that I am still apologizing to them.

"You don't have to worry anymore, Hana. Now that his b-brother... Gave him a chance to survive. Gather your strength, dear. Come in and see him." The Master, Jeonghan's father said and helped me enter the room.

The sound of the machine beeping, the usual scent of essential oils and the Hospital mixed in my nostrils and the pitiful visual of this guy lying on the bed made me so wrecked.

"He hasn't woken up yet..."

Mingyu and his parents left me inside the room with him. And there, I took the opportunity to cry.

"I-I'm so sorry... I-I shouldn't have let go of you that night... I-I'm such a f-cking coward!"

I know he wouldn't hear me now that I know he's still dozing off but I need to at least let out this mixed up emotions inside me and feed this piece inside me that had been missing him these days.

"Sorry for bringing you trouble... I-I'm sorry for entering your life. I promised myself not to bring trouble to you but... I-I failed!"

I held his cold hand and intertwined them as I bitterly smiled at him. His face still looks so good and angelic as usual..

"I missed you.."

"B-but..."

"I promise..."

"Not to bring you anymore trouble... And the only way is..."

I bent down and brushed off the hair from his forehead and pecked a kiss there before smiling once again and finishing off my sentence.

"I have to leave you alone.."

>End...