Chapter 60

Chapter 60

After Shang Youyou’s affair was settled, Shang Jin moved back to the the dormitory the next day.

When he returned, the other people in the dorm were reviewing in the library, but Ye Zhou, who had always resided in the library, was in the dorm.

“You didn’t go to the library?” Shang Jin took out the textbooks from his bag one after the other, and the table that he’d tidied up before leaving quickly became a mess again.

“It’s still reviewing no matter where I review. There’s no difference.” Ye Zhou leaned back in his chair and glanced at Shang Jin from time to time. “How’s Youyou? Did she change her view about her little brother?”

Shang Jin turned around and leaned on Ye Zhou’s table. “After we got back yesterday, Little Ji grabbed Youyou’s finger and Youyou thought that Little Ji liked her very much. She also ‘reluctantly’ became friends with Little Ji. Your nonsense actually worked.”

“I was telling the truth. You’re the one who talked nonsense yesterday! Do you understand that what I did is called a white lie? Youyou, this pure and kind little girl would usually believe it.”

Shang Jin flicked Ye Zhou’s forehead and returned to his seat. He searched for a book and began reviewing. Ye Zhou also continued to read his textbook.

The dorm was quiet for a moment.

But the silence was soon broken by a telephone ring.

Shang Jin looked at the caller ID on the phone and frowned.

Liang Jingmin.

‘One doesn’t visit the temple without a cause’. But this call was expected, and was even later than Shang Jin had expected.

“Why don’t you answer?” With a kick of his leg, Ye Zhou moved the swivel chair over to Shang Jin’s side. He leaned against the ladder and looked at the vibrating phone on the desk. “Who is it?”

“Trouble.” Shang Jin snorted and said, “What are you doing?”

Ye Zhou looked at him and quietly returned to his desk. Shang Jin had once answered the phone with a very bad tone and it had left an impression on him at that time. Hearing Shang Jin’s tone, Ye Zhou reflexively thought of whether or not it was that person again.

“I have an exam tomorrow.”

“It’s just a final exam. Isn’t it easy for you?” Liang Jingmin said disdainfully. “Come have a meal with me in a while. Mom’s inviting you to eat today.”

Shang Jin raised his eyebrows. This was the sun rising from the west: Liang Jingmin actually took the initiative to invite him to eat. Shang Jin sneered, “You’re inviting? It won’t still be me who’s paying at the end, right?”

Liang Jingmin choked. She took a deep breath and said, “I’m your mother. Don’t say that today I invited you to eat, even if you as my son invited me to eat, isn’t that as it should be?”

“Don’t be so haughty. Ye Zhou’s more like my mom than you!”

Ye Zhou who had been listening to Shang Jin’s words with perked ears: ???