35 | Identity

: )

"Shall we get going?"

Itadori flinches as he hears your voice. You sounded more happy after you did what you needed to do inside your house.

It's like nothing happened at all.

"Yes! We shall." the boy answers with a grin, trying to match your enthusiasm.

"How was it, L/N?" he ask, "I mean, eating."

You two began walking around the neighborhood. Of course, still a few feet apart from eachother.

"It was different from before." you kept your answer vague. You didn't want to give him even the smallest idea of how your technique works— It's for the best anyway.

"Oh." is Itadori's reply.

The two of you spend a good thirty minutes on walking around while Itadori occasionally makes small talk. You two also came across a few curses though fortunately, you have enough cursed energy to defeat them only through punching.

Itadori's slightly annoyed, to say the least, since he still hasn't seen your technique in action. But he wasn't going to force you to use it— just.. Whyy didn't you want to show him?

His curious eyes watches your figure. The two of you are walking side by side, a few feet apart from eachother just in case you suddenly feel the need to eat again.

'L/N's pretty distant.'

He scrunches his nose, deciding not to dwell on it too much. Instead, he began to think about the most childish reasons as to why you aren't talkative around him.

'Knew it..! She has favourites!'

'And it's obviously Fushiguro!'

His eyes then focus on your face, noticing your calm smile and your tired eyes. Itadori swore your expression was somewhat brighter when you were back at jujutsu high; like him, did being involved with sorcery change you too? You also aren't quiet like this― the silence that hung around you two is deafening.

"L/N." he calls.

You hum, "Yes?"

"What's your favourite meal?"