Chapter Three

Cenne's POV.

Belong to the East,
Find a flute which has no limit.
Disclosed under it,
The first clue will arise.

Woah. Im confused, what is that?

"This is the riddle?" Yukine asked, he snuck a peek at the book, and after that quivers a little. He looks so fragile. Nah, maybe he's hungry. Back in the human world, usually, television ads contain something like... "people will become crazy if they're hungry" or some shit like that.

"Yeah. This is the first riddle, " Jennie began to open her mouth. She changed a lot, I think. It was 4 months ago since the last time I had a convo with her. She became... shorter I guess.

"You sure?" Arletha asked. She sounds high. I mean, she never changes. I stare at her high black boots before my eyes were caught on her gaze.

Did I drool?

As I wiped my chin, in case I drool, and I did.

Oh, I drooled. Well, it's not my fault her boots look hot. High boots supremacy.

Yukine tried so hard to not laugh, possibly because of my dumb face. I took a glimpse of his little bag that is on his waist. Earlier, we got some fruits that I think we can consume. Keyword: I think.

"Yea, I'm pretty sure this is our next destination." Jeje looks so smart, oh my God. I can't keep up with this thing. Arletha looks concerned but obeys Jeje's command.

"So what did you get?" Arletha asked, taking a small peek at Yukine's pocket. "Oh. Just some food that Cenne believed we can devour, " She spoke with a little force at the "believed".

This little snitch. Can't she just say that we're on it together? I don't want to be killed alone.

"Hey! I spent my energy on it! Respect, people, please!" I scowled, didn't they know how much energy that I use?? A small amount, but still-!

"Yea, Cen. You're doing a hard job." Arletha says with sarcasm. Is that mockery?

"Can I see?" Jeje came right in front of Yukine. He opened his pocket and put it on top of the rock that Arletha relaxed before. He took some pink reddish berries that I pick previously and an ocean blue round flower with a clear yellow side on the inside.

"What's this? Isn't this just a flower? I don't want to eat any flowers." Jeje turned her attention to the ocean blue flower. Arletha took a glimpse at me, like asking me for an explanation. I shrugged off, don't know what is that.

"I plucked that one. It tastes delightful, " Yukine grabbed the flower, "i was thirsty, so I kinda tasted this flower. Turns out, it was tasty." He said, before putting it back. What was the function of grabbing it?

"Really, Yuu? Tasted it? Oh wow, you'll be the first one to vanish I'm sure, " Arletha sneered.

Yeah, she's normal.

"You can't just taste anything that easy, Yukine. We're in the state of not knowing anything!" She groaned, messaging her temple.

"What's your deal, Arletha? Cut it off! Don't be so rude!" Jeje scoffed, narrowly glared at Arletha.

"It's not about my behavior, J! I always act like this. It's about awareness, dumbass! We're in the fucking state of nowhere! In a fucking game! If you don't like my attitude, then deal with it! He could've died!" she snapped. God, where's my popcorn?

"I know, and we're trying to deal with that right now! So don't be a bitch and try to help us!" Jeje screamed. Arletha didn't flinch. Bet she's deaf right now.