𝟔𝟓

a/n: Cher's outfit for the chapter is on the left and the dress for the funeral is on the right!

☆═━ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄━═☆

"I will have a cheeseburger, extra fries, and a lemonade."

Charlotte ordered, smiling sweetly at the waiter before taking a look behind him, finding a miserable Damon Salvatore sulking at the bar, "Uh, on second thought...I will have it at the bar if that's okay?"

"Yeah, sure," He nodded as Charlotte got out of her seat and moved to sit beside Damon.

The raven-haired vampire spoke up, "That seat's taken."

She furrowed her eyebrows together before moving to sit on the other side, "Why are you all pouty?"

"I am not...pouty," He rolled his eyes at her expression, claiming.

"You and Elena are together now, shouldn't you be a few clouds upwards from cloud 6?" She raised an eyebrow, a smug smile on her lips, ever so proud of her joke.

Although it cracked a smile on Damon's face, he turned to her, "That's officially the worst pun I have ever heard and I have heard a lot..."

"Well, at least I am top in something," Charlotte shrugged her shoulders, forcing a smile on her face, "Even if it's making the most awful puns."

"You are in the depressed mode."

"What part of my wide beautiful smile says depressed?" She rolled her eyes, asking as the bartender left her order in front of her, "This is me being the happiest I have been in days."

Damon nudged her, taking a fry from her plate, "It's so wide that it sickens me, you smile wider when you hate life."

"I do?" Charlotte raised an eyebrow, finding that to be new information, "Isn't it logical that a person smiles wider when they are happier?"

"Logic loses its meaning when it comes to the great Charlotte Bernard," He retorted, chuckling humorlessly.

"I don't know whether to be flattered or offended...," Charlotte trailed off, shaking her head as she held the burger in both of her hands, "So, you and Elena?"