𝟔𝟕

a/n: Lottie's outfit for the chapter is above!

this is like really long but I enjoyed every bit of it.

☆═━ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍━═☆

"Wait...so you just went along with it?"

Serena took in Charlotte's question, sitting down, "I didn't go along with it but...I want this...I want to know more about what I am meant to be."

"So you could go off and be a hunter? A vampire hunter?" Charlotte scoffed out, folding her arms together, "I mean...have you lost your mind?"

"I know it might seem offending or—"

The brunette vampire chuckled humorlessly, shaking her head, "No, no, that's not offending," She ran her tongue over her bottom lip, stating, "What's really offending is you thinking that I am going to allow this."

Serena looked up at her ancestor, claiming, "Charlotte, this is my choice. You can't take that away for me, no matter how much you care about me."

"I am not going to watch you destroy your life and lose this—this opportunity to have a wonderful future, go to college, find love, and be an amazing mother...grow old," She listed out, taking in a deep breath, "If I have to be the controlling friend for a while so I could protect your real valuable choices...then so be it."

"Don't do this—"

"Becoming a vampire, losing all of my chances at the life I have always wanted wasn't my choice," Charlotte pursed her lips together, interrupting, "What led to that point? That...yeah, that was my choice and I have lived to regret it every day."

"What you have always wanted in life," Serena emphasized, rising to her feet, "I don't want that. I don't need a new family because you know what? One day, they are all going to die and they are going to leave me alone...I need a distraction. I need this."

"This is not safe, I am just trying to protect you! Why can't you see that?"

She ran her hand over her forehead, yelling back, "Because it always seems like someone wants to control my life! First, it was Dad then Nana Izzie, Mom... and now you! Everybody acts like they understand and you know what? Maybe you really want to understand but you don't get it!"