10. Chicago

She's the light in his eyes

"Where are we going to next Nik?" Aurora asked from the front seat, after Klaus's hybrids failed and Aurora slaughtering the lot the trio then left quickly

"Where are we going to next Nik?" Aurora asked from the front seat, after Klaus's hybrids failed and Aurora slaughtering the lot the trio then left quickly. So now Klaus was driving, Aurora was making a flower crown eating some hot Cheetos while Stefan was in the back drinking a blood bag.

"Well, we're going to see my favorite witch." Klaus said looking out onto the road.

Aurora playfully pouted, "I thought I was your favorite witch Nik?" Klaus looked over and chuckled quietly at her face. He reached over and took her hand into hers, noticing the way her heart picked up at his touch.

"You my dear Aurora, are my favorite Queen." He said with a smirk, Aurora laughed and tried to hide her face with her hair to cover up a blush that made its way onto her face but failed.

"Where is this witch?" Stefan asked from the back finishing his blood bag. He slumped back in his seat and looked at Klaus through the rear view mirror.

"It's in Chicago." He answers simply, Stefan nodded.

"Hey Stef?" Aurora asked turning her body over to look at him. Ever since the mountains she has been making conversations with him, none of them dared to mention the fact that he locked her in a mansion. She was still angry about it and hadn't forgave him for it but still talks with him.

"Yes flower?" Stefan never called her by her actual name and only called her flower which she didn't mind.

"Can you hand me the bag of high chews please." She asked looking at the plastic bag filled with snacks for Aurora since she was human. He nodded and gave her the snacks. She smiled brightly and unwrapped one and started to stretch it out.

"What are you doing love?" Klaus asked.

"Doing something I love." She replied, she then took a Cheeto out of her bag and wrapped the high chew around it. Both vampires gave her bewildered looks. She popped it into her mouth and made a noise of pleasure. "God this is delicious." She mumbled with her mouth full.

"You are a peculiar witch darling."

☦︎︎

After hours of being in a car they finally made it to Chicago and Klaus was driving to a familiar bar from the twenties. Once they got there Stefan stared at the building in awe. They walked in and Klaus kept an arm around Aurora's waist out of habit.

"Looks familiar doesn't it?" Klaus asked rhetorically, Stefan looked around while Aurora leaned on a smirking Klaus.

"I can't believe this place is still here." He whispered.