32.

A U T H O R

Chaeyoung is frustrated, so frustrated that she could burst out her annoyance any second now.

Chaeyoung is still inside her office and it's already nine in the evening. She stayed inside her office she just wants to.

She's being frustrated at her brother and also at Mina.

It's been a week and a half after the date and through those days that have passed by, everything was okay until what happened last Saturday.

That time, Chaeyoung was out with her childhood friend that she met again after a long time of being away from each other. When she heads back home, she saw her brother wasted on the floor with a lot of bottles of soju around him.

"Yah! Jeong Hun! What did you do to yourself?!" Chaeyoung asked her brother as soon as she saw him.

Jeong Hun didn't answer because he was asleep. After all, he was so drunk. Chaeyoung kneels and taps Jeong Hun's cheeks lightly to wake him up.

"Yah! Wake up! Jeong Hun!" Chaeyoung said loudly.

Jeong Hun opened his eyes and just stare at the wall.

"Yah! Why did you drink this many? Jeong Hun, you know th- Yah! Are you crying?" Chaeyoung became worried when she saw her brother suddenly cried out of nowhere.

"Noona..." He weakly said.

"Hey, tell me what happened." Chaeyoung softly said brushing off her brother's tears.

"Noona, sh-she cheated on me. Noona... She... I saw her, she was... She was doing it with someone else." Chaeyoung can't say anything and just stare at her brother.

Remember the girl that Jeong Hun likes? Jeong Hun and the girl were in a relationship already after Jeong Hun courted her for two weeks.

"Noona... It hurts... I don't want to be hurt again noona." Jeong Hun weakly said and all could Chaeyoung do was hug him.

The next day came and Chaeyoung woke up early to cook something for her brother. But as she heads into her brother's room, he was not there. She was worried so she dialed his number but he didn't answer. She did it again and again but Jeong Hun never answers. She became more worried and negative thoughts are going in her mind.

She was walking back and forth in her living room when the front door opened showing her brother.

"Yah! Where did you go?! You made me worried! You should have stayed here or told me where you are going!" Chaeyoung scolded.

"Sorry noona. I... I just talked to dad."

"What?" Chaeyoung looks at her brother sternly and she knew what is going to happen.

"I... I agre-."

"Jeong Hun no! I told you already, you don't need to do that!"

"You can't do anything noona, it's settled."

Just thinking about it, it's making Chaeyoung blood boils. She tried to talk to her dad to stop the wedding but Jeong Hun got angry at her for meddling.

Now, she thought that seeing Mina can lessen her frustrations but as soon she arrived at the office last Monday, Mina is distancing herself to Chaeyoung.

Mina is distancing herself because of what she saw at the mall last Saturday.

Mina was alone walking at the mall, she did shopping with herself. She walks past a store and saw a tiger plushie that reminded her of Chaeyoung. She walks into the store and checked the plushie. When she was about to pay, she saw a familiar person, and of course, it was Chaeyoung.

Mina was happy seeing Chaeyoung there but her mood changes when she saw a girl walk towards Chaeyoung and kissed her cheeks.

Just seeing that hurt Mina and it hurt her more when she saw Chaeyoung and the girl holding each other's hands.

Mina didn't notice that a tear fell down her face until a worker asked her if she was okay.

Mina thought that Chaeyoung confessed to the girl she loves, and she thought that it was that girl. She thought that they are in a relationship.

She decided to distance herself from Chaeyoung because she don't want to ruin someone else relationship.

Last Tuesday, Mina accepted Chaeyoung's invitation for lunch because she felt guilty, guilty for not minding Chaeyoung for a day and for not joining her for lunch last Monday, plus she also misses her cub.

"Fine." Mina finally said after Chaeyoung asked her to eat lunch with her repeatedly.

"Yes! Let's go! My treat!" Chaeyoung happily said and drag Mina away from the office.

They were at the lobby already, ready to go to the parking lot when someone shouted Chaeyoung's name.

"CHAEYOUNG-AH"

The two both turn around, Chaeyoung was happy seeing her friend but Mina wasn't. She was frowning and shooting a glare at the girl.

As the girl reaches then, she hugs Chaeyoung and Chaeyoung reciprocates the hug. Mina felt jealous, it should be her hugging Chaeyounf tightly like that.

The two were talking and Mina was just standing there, observing the two. Mina can't stand being there already so she decided to leave, but when she was about to go, Chaeyoung grabs her hand.

"Hey, can she join us for lunch?" Asked Chaeyoung and Mina don't know what to say.

Her eyes wander around and she saw Nayeon looking at her. Nayeon mouthed 'need help?' and Mina blinked twice as a yes.

"Hey, Mina?"

"Huh? Uh-."

"Mitang! Ready to go?" Nayeon then came.

"Where are you going unnie?" Asked Chaeyoung.

"Oh, me and Mina are going to eat lunch together." Nayeon said.

"But, you guys ate lunch together yesterday." Chaeyoung complained.

"So? We'll go ahead bye!"

"Ugh! Such an annoying life!" Chaeyoung shouted stomping her feet going out of the office.

As she reaches the parking lot, she got more frustrated when her car is not working.

"Piece of trash!" She angrily shouted and kick the wheel of her car.

She got no choice but to walk home. There are no more busses or taxis at this time, so she needs to walk.

As soon as she started to walk, it started to rain, heavily.

"Can't this day get any worse?"

-

Short update for today! What do you guys think will happen next?