Chapter 6: Working Together?

Carmen Sandiego POV
"Wha...what happened?" I asked myself after seeing my surrounding.

It looks like everyone is half conscious including myself. I heard groan besides me, turn my head a saw someone pulling out Shadowsan. I couldn't identify who it was because my sight was still blurry.

The person pulled out Zack and Ivy and I was the last one. When my eye sight gets better I look at the person and knew immediately who it is.

But before I could say anything, he dash away. But I ignored that and check on them. "Are you guys alright?"

Zack is coughing "Yeah, how's Ivy?" "I'm fine" she replied.

"How about you Shadowsan? Are you alright?" He doesn't waste anytime, he stood up and brush he's clothes. "Yes Carmen, I am fine."

I breath sigh of relief that everyone is safe. "Thank you for saving us Carm" Ivy thanked me.

I shake my head "I didn't" I look down. "What do you mean? Then who save us than?" Shadowsan couldn't believe it as well.

"It was..... I'm sorry my head is still fuzzy" Shadowsan gave me a sad look. "It's okay Carmen"

The ACME backup arrives later on.

~After half an hour~

"We didn't find the diamond anywhere" the agent said after they searched the crash site.

"He must have took it" I whispered to myself but they still could hear it. "So what are we going to do?" Zack ask.

"Player can you track the diamond? I did put a tracking device on it." "Give me a few minutes" I could hear him cracking his fingers.

A few minutes later Player inform me "Hey Red, I found the location." I was so eager to know "Where is it?"

"It's just 15 minutes away, I'll give you the location." A small smile grow on my face "Thanks Player, you're the best" I complement him. Which he replied with "I know."

I went to find Ivy and Zack. I found them talking with Chief. "Ah Carmen, how are you holding up?" She said when she noticed me in the background.

"Everything's alright" she smiled "Glad to hear that. I believe you want to tell me something right?" I nodded. "I know where is he and the diamond"

She looks at me with the suprise reaction on her face. "Would you want me to dispatch some agent" she offered.

"No, I go". Both Zack and Ivy was in shock. "Carm at least we're going with you" I shake my head "No. You guys need some rest." "So are you." Shadowsan suddenly appeared.

"Carmen, you've just got out of a car crash and now you want to go out again?" He ask. "I'll accompany her." Julia steps in.

Chief took a deep "Very well. You and Ms Argent will go". I then notice something "Hey Jules, where's Devineaux?"

"Oh" and she pointed the direction where he is. He is currently sleeping in the car. "I'll handle him" and she goes.

I turn back "You guys get some rest okay?" I said to Zack, Ivy and Shadowsan. They just sigh, "Fine".

Julia POV
"All done" once I managed to place Devineaux at the back seat. "He snores really loud." And before I knew it, Carmen shove a handkerchief in his mouth causing him to wake up.

"What was that for?" He asked but Carmen ignore it "Jules, we need to start moving." "Oh yes" and after that we drove whilst Carmen giving us the direction.

"Mind telling me where we going?" Devineaux ask. "Oh yes, we're getting the diamond back" I explain to him where we going.

Radio: we finally got the news that the President is in stable condition. He suffers some broken bones. Was believed that he was pushed out of his own limo while it is still moving. The suspect is still unknown.

"Huh, didn't know about this" Carmen said after hearing the news. "Yeah, but let's keep focus" I remind her.

~Time skip~

"We arrive" she said. The place is a huge warehouse. "Why can't they have a nice happy place?" Devineaux complaint. "You scared?" I asked.

"Me no....ahhh!" Carmen scared him by jumpscaring him but they pretend it didn't happened "Shhh... quite Devineaux." "Wha... you're..." I jump in "Yeah be quite".

He just mumbled by himself. Suddenly there's a light. We immediately duck down and turn off the car. I took a peek a saw it was a truck with a container.

"What are they up to?" Carmen whispered. The warehouse door open and the truck reverse in. We took the opportunity to sneak inside, good thing the truck driver is distracted.

Inside it is filled with cars.

Carmen Sandiego POV
When we're inside, I noticed something. "Wait isn't that the president limo?" I pointed at it.

"It's similar to it" Julia answered. "Shhh!" Devineaux shushing us all of a sudden.

"Do you recognize them Carmen?" He asked and I do recognize them. It is 'The Driver' and 'The Mechanic'. "Yes"

"Look there he is." Julia whispered when she saw Mr No Face appears in front of them.

"Are....are they working together" Devineaux shudder. "Looks like it" I replied. He gulp "Does that mean he joined VILE?" I shake my head "There's no way" I denied his claim .

"I wish I could know what their talking about." I said while keeping a close eye on them.

Harrison POV
"Nice job" I said when I saw what they did to the limo. "I know, we are the best in the business" Mechanic said while tapping the limo.

The Driver look at me and said "So who's the buyer?". I smile under my mask "It's private, sorry"

"Haha okay, come on let's go inside and have some coffee" she offered, Which I replied with a nod.

Carmen Sandiego POV
"Look they're moving the limo inside the container!" Devineaux whispered loudly. "We're here for the diamond, remember?" I remind him.

He sigh "oh yeah". "Come on let's follow them" I said when three of the moving.

They went inside a office and I managed to take a glimpse of the briefcase where I put the diamond.

"There's the diamond! Let's go!" Devineaux said and jump out of hidden. "Wait... it's no use" Julia gave up and follow him, same goes for me.

We burst the door and both The Driver and The Mechanic is in shock. Mr No Face on the other hand, I don't know because he's face is facing them.

Julia whispered "Look at the table". I turn my attention and saw his mask. "He isn't wearing it!" .

"We must take this opportunity to see his face." Devineaux recommend.

"You're right, Mr No Face. Turn around." I ordered him.