18. Scouts

"Yugyeom," Jimin greeted as he, Seokjin and I approached the uninjured male. "How are you?"

"I'm doing good, your majesty. Unfortunately, Mando and his mate didn't make it," Yugyeom responded. I looked around the medical ward, observing all the people around. "You must be Nighter. Hi, I'm Yugyeom, the Knight's mate."

I looked at him when I heard my code name. I looked at the smiling boy with a blank look. "I don't speak Korean," I said, hoping that he didn't speak English.

"That's alright. Almost everyone in Hitzor knows English. It is our secondary language, after all," he said. "I'm Yugyeom, the Knight's mate and your personal guard until you decide upon a new one. Nice to meet you, your majesty. We'll be spending a lot of time together."

"Likewise," I responded. He was too cheerful to my liking, but I wasn't going to hold that against him. He seemed legit.

"Yugyeom, I'm guessing you are the messenger?" Seokjin asked.

"Yes, your majesty," Yugyeom said. "We were on our way to the allocated spot when we were ambushed by some other species. They weren't dragons. They seemed to be water creatures, they had the structure and could control water. They had captured us for two days. We fought our way out. Unfortunately, only the six of us made it out alive. Your Highness, these creatures seem to know of the new royal because they asked for the new royal mate and the king specifically. They said that they would start a war if the message were to be ignored. They gave us a week."

"Thank you, Yugyeom. You can go to your mates now. I'll approach you once again sometime today. Get some rest and eat some food. You did good," Seokjin said. Yugyeom bowed and scurried off to a male who was being treated by Jisung.

"All seven of us? That's dangerous. Especially for Nighter, who doesn't seem to be showing that he has any sort of power besides healing," Jimin said, as we walked back to the det room.

(Det= conference.)

"Give me a gun, and I will be able to protect myself," I said, but they ignored my words.

"We need to discuss this as a group. Obviously, we won't go alone, we'll take some guards with us," Seokjin said. He opened the door to the meeting room, catching everyone's attention. "Our scouts have found a species. They came with a message. The species demand to meet us royals or they'll start a war."

"Then a war they shall get. We cannot risk losing the royals. So far, you are the last of your bloodline," Guy 1 said.

"Absolutely not. Our country is ruled on the principle of peace. We should try to establish peace," Hoseok said.

"We can always leave Nighter here. He is the closest link to the throne. Should there be any problems, he can step up with the Council's support," Namjoon said.

"They specifically demanded to see the King and the new royal mate," Jimin said. "There is a possibility of an insider in the royal staff."

"We need to keep our discussions limited to certain people. Any discussion taking place in this room remains within this room until we can find the spy," Seokjin said. "First we need to hold a funeral of valour. Mando and Jisuk did not make it."

"King, with all due respect, we cannot waste our time planning and holding a funeral. We must get to the bottom of this situation immediately," Guy 2 said.

"We have time. I care more about the families who lost their loved ones. They died fighting for the country, we send them off with respect," Seokjin said. "That's final."

"We have a week, but we most certainly cannot waste time with dead bodies. We can honour the fighters through vengeance," Guy 2 said. My ears perked up at his words.

"I think I know who the traitor is," I spoke up.

"Boy, we are not here to play games. If you're going to speak nonsense then keep quiet. It is not confirmed that there is a traitor," Guy 2 rebutted.

"You may be an elder, but I won't hesitate to throw you in the dungeons," Seokjin warned. "We do not invalidate anyone here. Nighter, who do you think is the traitor?"

"Him," I said, pointing at Guy 2. The accused looked at me in panic and anger.

"How dare you?! I am a loyal citizen of Hitzor," he yelled.

"Silence!" Seokjin's voice boomed in the room. He looked at me. "Nighter, we need more proof than pointing fingers."

"How did you know we have a week before the species starts a war?" I pointed out. "Not once was it mentioned, yet you seem to know how long it is before bloodshed. I may be wrong, but I most certainly don't trust you."

Everyone fell silent as they reflected on my words.

"I was guessing," he defended himself.

"You sounded too certain to be guessing. If you were guessing, you would use the assumptive words like 'around' or 'approximately.' But you were too confident with your words," I pointed out. My point was weak, but effective if he responded accordingly.

"That's a fallacy," he said.

"Your defence is a fallacy. How will you prove that my accusation is false? A fallacy is the use of wrong reasoning with no real evidence. My evidence is your quote, which is hard evidence," I said.

"You misheard what I said," he argued.

"And you waited this long to point that out?" I asked, knowing I had the upper hand in the argument.

He let out a weak war cry as he got up and ran over to my side. Since I was closer to him, it didn't take him long. I kicked him away just as he came close to me. I stood up from my seat and sauntered over to him, taking my dagger out in the process. He lunged at me once more, but I was quick to pin him down and stab him in the thigh. He yelled in pain, as I twisted the dagger in the wound.

"You bitch!" he yelled as he tried to push me off him. He successfully did so when he used his strength. He pulled the dagger out of his wound and lunged at me with the bloody weapon. I grabbed his armed wrist and the shoulder of the same arm. I kicked one knee to break it as he landed a punch on my jaw with his other arm. A weak punch, he must not have had a good fist. His grip on my dagger loosened which allowed me to break his arm by kicking his elbow and snatched my dagger.

I moved away from him before being pulled away by Yoongi. Namjoon and Hoseok had unsheathed their swords and pointed them at him.

"Park Hyungsae, you are under arrest for perfidious actions and attempted murder of a royal," Jimin said as he and Namjoon dragged the man away.

Taehyung stood in front of me and gently grabbed my jaw and tilted it. He traced the cut that healed under his touch.

"I keep forgetting that you have healing powers," he mumbled and stepped away from me.