🌊 XXXIV 🌊

"When water has you trapped under, accept its power"

34|THE STORY OF ANOTHER QUEEN

The days pass by and happiness has been shining in the heart of the ocean. A bright smile on the future Queen can be seen from land when looking down into the ocean itself. The future Queen stands in what she likes to call the Harmony room. For it is the large section of the castle that carries instruments of all sorts. Instruments that have been carefully crafted by the best of the ocean. Inside that room the girl; Isolde tends to find herself in every once in a while. Not to play any old of the instruments but rather to feel the magic that the room holds.

It is where harmony can be found which is why she chose the name for it, the beauty that she can find there is beyond anything. There is a sense of peace and quiet despite being surrounded by musical instruments. Some which the girl has never seen on land and some that sound strange to her. Isolde sits there and looks over from a window at the world that is out there. From the Harmony room she can see the fish and all the life that is there around the castle. The subjects that she is supposed to rule over living their lives.

When she was younger it is what she used to do many times, look over the kingdom and just stare at it. Not necessarily looking at anything but just allowing her thoughts to wander around endlessly where they can think of anything and everything. It was in these moments that her best thoughts took place and the best tricks. Often the sadness inside her heart was too much for her to handle, and she wanted to forget it. Now, instead of her thinking of her future as someone she does not want to be, she thinks of the future which she wants.

The girl has started to think of what she wishes to do with her life. The more she thinks about it, the more it becomes clear to her what she must do. Women her age are already married and starting a family and if her parents had any choice in the matter she would be married herself, despite the fact that her father allowed her to choose who she wanted to marry. They would pressure her and not even her clever tricks would be able to hold them for long.

The door to the Harmony room opens and Poseidon steps inside. Over the last couple of days he has noticed how she spends a lot of time in that room, her happiness means everything to him. His heart beats only for her and his ocean blue eyes know not the sadness that has taken over her, but they know that his love for her is stronger than he could even imagine. "Take a step closer, and you shall regret it" She speaks. Poseidon had been careful to not make a sound as he entered, but all have taken to notice that none can fool Isolde that easily.

Perhaps she does not know it herself, but her senses have always been better than so many others. She sees the world differently and because of this she somehow can detect when people are around her, without even realizing it herself. Though, it could also be for the fact that the ocean changes around Poseidon, and it becomes filled with life and wonder when he's near. The girl's eyes have seen how fish calm when he's near, and the waves are more relaxed in their movement. At least when he's not angry.