33.

M I N A

"She's still not here?" I asked myself as soon as I enter Chaeyoung's office.

I have gone to an hour and a half meeting alone because she wasn't still here. I was expecting that she'll be here by now.

I grab my phone and check any messages from her but got nothing.

I sigh going back to my table and sat on my chair, thinking where could she be right now.

I dialed her phone but she didn't answer, I called again but still no answer.

"Is she still sleeping?" But she always wakes up early.

"Maybe she won't come today."

"But she always tells me if she won't come." I talked to myself again.

What if she's sick? But she rarely catches the flu.

Maybe, she's out with her girl and forgot to tell me that she won't come.

"Tsk, spending time with her girlfriend on working ours? Work must be priorities first."

I continued to do my work and stopped when Nayeon unnie came.

"How are you, Mina?" She asked.

"Good." I answer.

"You sure? By the way, where's Chaeyoung?"

"I don't know." I answered both questions.

"What do mean you don't know?"

"I don't know if I'm feeling good and I don't know where she is at. She didn't give a text about her not coming today." I lazily said.

"Hmm? But she always updates you right? Where could that cub be?"

"Maybe out on a date with her girlfriend?" I said more like a question.

I rolled my eyes at Nayeon unnie when she laughs at me.

"I can feel your irritation towards the girl. Calm down penguin, we aren't even sure if she's her girlfriend."

"But she kissed Chaeyoung in the cheeks and hold her hands!" I argued.

"Yah! You kissed her cheeks too and held her hands but you guys are not in a relationship either." She said and I scowled at her.

Right, but still.

"Chill, here. I'm just here to drop that off. Bye!" Nayeon unnie and gave me a file and left instantly.

After she left, I stand up from my chair and walk into Chaeyoung's office to put the file on top of her table.

I then lazily walk out of the office and sat back down on the chair. I grab my phone and saw a missed call from Jeong Hun.

"Ehh?"

I opened my contacts and dialed his number.

J: Noona!
M: Wae? Is there something wrong?
J: Good thing you called back noona, I was about to call Chaeyoung noona's clingy friend.
M: Clingy friend?
J: Yeah! You know, the girl that is taller than her and has brown hair.
M: Ohh, uhm, why did you call anyway?
J: Right, can you please go here to Chaeyoung noona's house? She's sick and I can't take care of her because I need to attend to something.
M: She's sick? She didn't tell me.
J: So... Can you go? If not I'll call noona's cli-.
M: I'll be there in fifteen minutes. Just wait for me. Bye.

Aish! Why didn't she told me that she is sick? I could have been taking care of her since earlier.

I directly grab my things and left the office. Reaching the parking lot, I ride my car and started to drive towards Chaeyoung's house.

Good thing there is no traffic at this time, it won't take me long to get there. Reaching the villa's gate, the guard let me in immediately.

"Noona, wow! You're here immediately." Jeong Hun said who's waiting outside of the house.

"Yeah, I drive fast but not breaking the law. You should go now, you don't want to be late." I said and he nodded.

"Yeah, I'm dead if I'm late. Please take care of noona. She came home really late last night and she's damp because of the rain. I purposely turned off her alarm and make her bed comfortable so she won't come to work."

Damp because of the rain?

The rain started at nine, where could have she been? Date with her girlfriend till late hours? How rude of her girlfriend for letting her go home damp in rain, such a horrible girlfriend.

I won't do that if I am Chaeyoung's girlfriend, but I am not. But I won't still let her go home damp in the rain.

"Okay, uhm, I'll go in. You should go." I said.

As soon as Jeong Hun left, I walk inside the house.

It still looks the same the last time I got here. Nothing much change.

I put down my things and walk towards Chaeyoung's room. I slowly open the door and saw Chaeyoung sleeping like a baby. I walk slowly near her and lightly touch her forehead to check if she's hot.

She's burning hot.

I walk towards her bathroom and grab the basin and started feeling it with water. Once it's half-filled, I walk out of the bathroom and place it on the floor for a moment as I grab a clean towel.

I sat on her bed and lightly wipe Chaeyoung's face with the towel. She stirs up from her sleep but she didn't wake up. I continued to wipe her face then her arms. Once I was done, I place the towel on top of her forehead to absorb the heat.

I walk out of her room and look at the time. Two more hours before lunchtime, I'll do some work before cooking food.

I sat on the sofa and get the laptop to start checking emails. After an hour, I stop what I was doing and goes into the kitchen to cook porridge for Chaeyoung.

I grab the ingredients needed and good thing that it was complete.

"Almost, almost is never enough. So close to being in love." I sang the song that I love as I cook.

I was stirring the porridge when I get surprised because someone suddenly back hugging me.

Of course, I knew who it was.

I touch her hand that is hugging my waist.

"You should have stayed in your bed. You need enough rest." I softly said and continued to stir the porridge.

She didn't respond, I was about to face her when she tightens the hug and bury her face on my back.

"Hey, I need to check your temperature." I said and I felt her shake head.

"Chaeyoung..."

"No... I want to hug you." She weakly said.

"But I need to check on you." She didn't move for a minute before doing so.

I faced her put my palm on her forehead.

"Your temperature is not that hot like an hour ago. You need to rest so you'll get well already." I said and she nodded her head.

"Go, sit now, I'll serve this to you in a minute." I said and turn around to put the porridge in a bowl.

I was stunned when I turn back around and seeing Chaeyoung still standing where she is a few minutes ago.

"You have something to tell, don't you?" I asked and she nodded her head like a kid.

"What is it?" I asked and put down the porridge first.

I look back at her and she looks doubtful to tell me what she wanted to say.

"Hey, come on, tell me." I softly said.

Chaeyoung opens her arms wide and said.

"Huggies? Please..."

-

Another update before I go to sleep, because why not?