Epilouge pt 1/2.

Three years later:

There's not many things in life you can be one hundred percent sure of, so when you find something you know feels completely and utterly right it's strange. Fate, is the word I use to describe that feeling. Every moment in my life, destined to lead up to this.

I met a boy, he was broken but kind. He was my best friend and I loved him with all of my heart even if I didn't know what love was. Then we parted ways, only to have the universe pull us back together for no other reason other than we were just meant to be.

Three years ago his abuser got sent to prison and that was the stepping stone Liam needed to move away from all of the abuse. Jax got sentenced not long after that, we didn't attend his trial but he also got life imprisonment as his crimes tied in with Colins. Liam chose not to mention his mom and the part she played in his neglect. So she suffered a different fate entirely to Jax and Colin.

Liam attends therapy monthly, it started off rocky, two visits weekly and a whole lot of nightmares but now he is in a place where he is doing exceptionally well and things are good.

There will always be the moments when his darkness resurfaces but now he understands how to deal with those feelings in a controlled way.

"Hey beautiful!" I wrapped my arms around her little body and pulled her to sit on my knee, she giggled sweetly.

"Can I have a doughnut?" She pointed at the tray of doughnuts that Lola had brought and I nodded my head.

"No, you're going to have your dinner soon." Tia spoke before I could pass her one. She jumped down from my knee and sat in front of her mom getting lotion ran through her hair to calm the curls. I took a sip of my water.

"So did you sign a prenup?" Lola asked, taking me by surprise. I spluttered out my water.

"No." I told her.

"Good girl" she winked at me "See Faith, that's how you do it. Marry a big time soccer player and don't sign a prenup." She glanced at Tia "or let one get you pregnant." Tia shot her a scowl.

"Jesus Lola, you have no filter. That's not how you do it Faith, ignore her." Faith giggled again.

"How money much does he make anyway?" She sat up on my bed and peered at me with interest.

"I don't know." I admitted. They all glared at me with confused expressions. "We've never talked about it." Their confusion only grew. "Would you stop looking at me like that, Liam literally came from nothing so money doesn't matter to him as long as we can live comfortably. We didn't need a big fancy house, or thousands of expensive possessions. Just food in the fridge, bills paid and enough for healthcare. If I ever needed or wanted money Liam would hand it over no questions asked, if his friends ever needed money he would do the same. You know that."

"Liam always buys me things." Faith pointed out. We all laughed at her excited little voice.

"Okay, you're done." Tia told her. She jumped off the bed and headed towards the door.

"You're not staying up here with the girls?" She shook her head, every curl bouncing with her frantic movement. I grabbed a doughnut from the tray and snuck it into her hand without Tia looking. She smiled big and disappeared back downstairs.

"I can't believe you're getting married in the morning. The same man for the rest of your life." Tia teased, I smiled so big. The same man for the rest of my life. I couldn't think of anything that sounded better.

We sat upstairs for hours talking about everything and anything because Tia and Lola insisted that it was unlucky to see Liam the night before our wedding that didn't stop me though. I heard him getting in the shower so I managed sneak off and join him until Jordan caught us and returned us back to separate bedrooms.

Kill joy.

I decided to watch The Princess and The Frog with Faith until she fell asleep on my bed hugging her Simba plushy.

"Hey, I was just checking up on her." Jordan popped his head in my door. "Want me to carry her downstairs so you can get a comfortable night sleep?" I shook my head.

"She looks comfortable, leave her." His brows furrowed.

"What, you mean you don't have Liam hiding in your closet or under your bed?" I laughed and shook my head. "Then where is he?" My smile fell.

"What do you mean?" Jordan ran his fingers through his curls but they did not change shape.

"He's gone." He said weakly. I stood up and threw on a hoodie that still hung in the closet of my parents house. Jordan watched me carefully. "You know where he is?" He questioned.

"I know exactly where he is." I tapped him on the shoulder as I passed him and left out of my back door, grabbing a bunch of wedding flowers from a vase on the kitchen counter. One glance up at my tree house told me he wasn't there because there was no flicker of light coming from his phone screen. So I walked down the street, counting the fifteen houses between mine.

He stood on the pavement staring up at the house that used to be mine. I approached him quietly and slipped my hand in his. He looked at me rapidly, like he didn't even know I was here until that very moment.

"How did you know?" He asked quietly.

"I know my soon to be husband." I replied, looking up at his house which was aesthetically different now.

It looked maintained, the windows and doors were restored, it had a fresh lick of paint and flowers were blooming on the lawn. The house looked loved now, it blended in with the rest of the street.

"I never wanted to bring you this shit a night before our wedding. I was done with it." I gave his hand a little squeeze.

"The night before our wedding, our wedding day, any day you feel like this I'm here. Never face it alone. You want me to come with you?" His head darted to me, wide eyed and silver.

"You think I should-" I nodded my head.

"She doesn't deserve me to." He shook his head.

"You deserve to. Closure. Forgiveness." A single, slow tear rolled down his cheek and then he nodded his head in agreement.

I held a bunch of my wedding flowers in my hand, we had plenty the house was exploding in flora and together we walked through the darkness to the cemetery.

"I'm gonna give you a minute." I told Liam, handing him the flowers and waiting by the gate, watching him from afar. He spoke to his moms grave for a while, he seemed to be getting everything off his chest. Finding his solace, facing his final battle - letting his mom go.

It must've been thirty minutes later when he approached me with tear stained cheeks. I threw my arm around his waist and pulled him close.

"I needed to do that." He admitted. "Thank you." He planted a kiss on the top of my head. He sounded emotional but at the same time he seemed better. "I can move on now." He breathed out almost in relief.

"Are you ready to get married now?" He smiled, his eyes lighting the darkness.

"I've never felt more ready for anything in my entire life." He admitted. "Let's do this."