chapter 1

i was laying in my bed doing nothing. just like all summer long. i didn't hang out with any friends this summer. i didn't even talk to anyone. i barely left my bedroom. i fell into like the worst depression i've ever been in,this summer and it sucked. kind of still in it but i'll be fine.

emma,my older sister knocked on my door

me and emma are kind of close. she spends the extra time she has with me. but she's usually with nate so i don't hang out with her that much. nate is nice i guess. we don't really talk that much. even though he's been around since i was like 7.

"hey me and nate are going to a party,you gonna be fine here tonight?"
she asked.
i nodded my head.
"yeah have fun"
i said.
she smiled at me and shut my door.

my mom has been on a business trip the last week and she won't be back for another few weeks. and my dad is not around. he left when i was 6. he sends me birthday cards but that's it.

then she came in my room one more time
"me and him will be back tonight though okay? probably around like 2 am"

"okay love you"
i said with a smile.
a few minutes later i heard the front door shut.
i laid back in my bed and just stared at my ceiling.

honestly that's the only thing i've done this summer. i don't know why. i just got like super depressed and i slept my whole summer away. i start school in two days which i am not excited for. i'm gonna be a sophomore. that's fun i guess. i don't know.

emma and nate are gonna be juniors.
nate plays football and he's like oddly great at it and emma plays field hockey and she was a cheerleader but she's not gonna be this year.

staring at my ceiling turned into me falling asleep. i think i sleep way too much tbh.

i woke up at like 12 am. i rubbed my eyes and went on my phone
emma texted me to see how i was doing. i told her i was good. i took a shower and went straight back to my bed and turned on my tv. i've been watching criminal minds way too much.

two hours later i was still watching it. i heard the front door open and i could hear emma and nate laughing. they're probably so drunk right now lets be real.

i heard them both stumble up the stairs and then they came in my room.

"skylarrrr!!" emma slurred
she jumped on my bed and hugged with and was rolling around.
i hugged her back.
"how was the party"
i said trying to spark a conversation
"um nate almost got murdered" she said laughing
i raised my eyebrows and nate rolled his eyes
"she wasn't gonna murder me"
he said with an attitude
emma looked at him
"uh yeah she was"
she said with a giggle
he smiled and held her up
"goodnight skylarrrrr"
emma slurred.
i laughed and blew her a kiss.

i continued to watch criminal minds until like 4 am. i got up and went into my bathroom to brush my teeth.
as i spit the last of my toothpaste into the sink i looked in the mirror and ran my fingers through my long darkish blonde hair.
i put my toothbrush back and shut the light off in my bathroom.
i went back to my bed and immediately fell asleep.