{Chapter. 42}

"Clarity I thought you were wearing a dress to prom? I'm actually pleasantly surprised," Alex whistled as my heels clicked against the stairs as I walked down until I saw Alex, Abigail and my father all gathered in the living room.

When my mother showed me Lia's dress I immediately had a change of heart and wanted to wear a suit that complimented Lia's dress and my mother eagerly agreed. I had on burgundy suit pants with a light pink button down shirt with the burgundy matching suit jacket slung over my shoulder. The heels were rose gold and my mother made sure to do my makeup nude and natural.

"Darling you look so beautiful!" My father walked over to me and hugged me.

"Thanks Dad, I actually feel really beautiful in this and kind of powerful," I giggled.

I looked over and noticed Alex and Abby in their royal blue attire, Alex had on black slacks and a black button down shirt but his jacket and shoes were royal blue to match Abby's dress which was a a line prom dress with gold designs on the corset top.

"You guys look so cute together!" I squealed in excitement.

"We look cute together regardless the occasion," Alex said as he slumped on the couch and wrapped his arm around Abby.

He's obviously been hanging around Lia for way too long.

Lia's been up there forever, the moment mom finished my makeup she sprinted to her room to help Lia because she's been whining," I rolled my eyes and sat down in the chair.

"Keep in mind, Lia hasn't worn a dress since she was 6 so this is definitely going to be a shock to herself," Abby stated.

There was a knock on the door and my father stood up to answer it to reveal Lia's mother standing in the doorway smiling.

"Abigail you look so beautiful!" Her mother exclaimed as she ran over to hug Abby.

"Thank you mommy, Lia's still upstairs getting ready and she's been taking forever," Abby whined.

Mrs. Summers looked over at me as her eyes widened as she walked towards me.

"Clarity you look gorgeous! I expected Lia would be the one wearing the suit but this is a surprise!" Mrs. Summers smiled at me.

"Yeah-"

"SOMEONE PLAY ME SOME RUNWAY MUSIC BECAUSE IM COMING DOWN YOU LOSERS!" We all jumped as Lia bellowed at the top of her lungs from upstairs.

"I hate her so much," Abby rolled her eyes.

My father played music through our home speakers and we watched as my mother came walking down the stairs.

"Alexander darling please come here and help Lia out," my mother motioned for Alex to follow her upstairs.

He reluctantly stood up and began walking up the stairs and stopped midway as his eyes nearly popped out of his sockets.

"Oh my gosh," He muttered under his breath.

"Hurry up dork, my stomach can't take all of this excitement,CLARITY TURN AROUND SO YOU CAN'T SEE ME!" I heard her yell down.

I rolled my eyes and turned my back so that I was facing away from the stairs.

My father resumed the music as I heard the clicking of heels against my stairs as everyone audibly gasped out loud.

"LIA!" Abby jumped up and nearly fell from moving too fast in her heels.

The anticipation was killing me and I couldn't wait any longer.

I turned around excitedly and my jaw literally dropped.

There stood Lia.....I think. She was like a completely different person from what I was used to.