7

Asami

I look both ways before crossing the road even though the streets are quiet, it's better safe than sorry. The only sounds were the scuffing of Kai's shoes as he scuffles them across the pavement. He's babbling about something to Jinora but I'm not really listening. My mind is elsewhere at the moment. Jinora's football training ended a few minutes ago and the three of us were making it back home. We normally did this when I stop by to help Kai with his homework.

Jinora nudges me and I shake my head, turning to her.
"I heard what happened in english earlier today."

"What do you mean?" I ask, Kai was just as confused as I am.

"Bolin told Opal who then told Wu who told me." Jinora counted on her fingers as she called out each name.

"Told you what?" I ask.

Jinora gives me a smile and it makes me even more confused.
"What Korra did."

Oh... that. That act she played during that lesson. That very scene that's been on my mind ever since. I keep my gaze forward to the street ahead. Word really does spread like wildfire in this school doesn't it?
"What about it?" I question, not seeing how this could be a big deal.

"You know..." Jinora gave me a smirk which made me more confused.

"Woah, woah, slow down. What did Korra do?" Kai asks as he waves his arms around in front of Jinora. She bats his arms away from her face and they both chuckle.

"She acted like an idiot." I say, earning a slight shove to my side. it was true though, Korra made a complete fool of herself. Though she irritates me in every single way, what Korra did actually made me smile that time. It was pretty funny I must admit.

"Yeah but it saved you from embarrassing yourself." Jinora says, I roll my eyes playfully. Korra earned herself a 'thank you' from me, what else could she ask for?
"She almost broke an arm for you."

Well that's a lie. She merely fell on the floor.
"She did not!"

"Did too!"

"Can someone please tell me what she did?" Kai asks, standing in front of the both of us so we stop walking. He seems really intrigued about this.

"I dropped my books and Korra fell off a chair." I mumble quickly and step around him.
"Nothing special."

"What Asami is trying to say is that Korra distracted the whole class for her." Jinora smugly answers.
"By falling off a chair."

"Wow really? That shit hurts. She must really like you." Kai teases and I huff.

"Falling off a chair doesn't prove anything other than the fact that Korra likes attention." I say but then I instantly feel bad for saying that. Perhaps I should take that back, after all Korra did do all of that for me, I think anyway.

The conversation stopped after that and I stayed quiet whilst we walked, listening to Kai and Jinora's babbles during the journey. After about 10 or so minutes I finally reached the street where my house was posted.

"See you tomorrow Asami." They both call as I wave goodbye. I let my mind wander again, wander back about what Kai said. It was just a chair, she just fell off a chair it's no big deal. People fall off chairs all the time, I've done it before. How could that possibly mean that Korra Smith likes me? We've never even spoke before this project even existed, she knows nothing about me nor do I know anything about her.

I shake my head and push open the door to my house.
"Did you stay after school with Kai again?" I hear my dad call from the living room.

"Yeah." I shout back and throw my bag to the bottom of the stairs. I really don't want to speak to my parents right now.