22.

Chapter 22.

"You're glowing." Katie beamed just as Mali sat down on the plastic chair opposite of where I was sat.

She placed two plates down on to the white sterilised table and I turned to Katie who was now sat beside Mali.

She had a knife in her hand the the fork still sat on her plate, her eyes trained on me.

It was dinner time and we couldn't be bothered to go out for food tonight, so instead, the girls and I had our dinner around campus.

I left Xavier earlier this morning just as Mali rang. She said she wanted to go out somewhere so I went with her. Katie also tagged along and we gossiped all day, talking about anything and everything, minus the information about Xavier and I.

Oh who was I kidding? I was meant to keep it to myself but Mali and Katie were my best friends, of course I was going to tell them everything.

Mali and Katie (especially Katie) couldn't stop the smug smiles that came to their faces. In fact, I was shocked when Mali fished out and handed Katie money. I looked at them with raised eyebrows.

"You betted on it?" I asked, astonished. Katie even had the right to look sheepish. Mali just shrugged in reply.

"I didn't think you could pull that, let alone bed him." She shook her head as if she was still suprised. I wanted to laugh at the fact, but I didn't know whether I should really feel insulted.

I looked over to Katie after taking a couple of fries from Mali's plate and stuffing them in to my mouth. At least I wouldn't have to talk for the moment.

"And now she's blushing." Mali snickered. My brows furrowed their way but I continued to chew. They were always embarrassing me, but I loved them anyway.

"Shut up." I just about got out as soon as I had swallowed the fries. I pouted there way, jutting out my bottom lip before getting back to my own meal.

I didn't know where Xavier was right now, and I had to admit, I was missing him already.

We had spent so much time together these last few weeks, and I was really getting to know him. It felt like there was a bond between us that had never been there before.

Also, it was safe to say that I had never shared such a relationship with any one before, not even my ex boyfriend, the one I gave my virginity to.

After Xavier, I knew that what my ex boyfriend and I had was child's play. It felt like nothing compared to what it did with Xavier.

What Xavier and I had was something else, unexplainable really but something worthy, definitely.

"Thinking about lover boy?" Mali asked as she smirked my way. I smiled sweetly before taking a bite of my burger.

Katie laughed before shaking her head and dipping her food into the pot of sauce beside her.

Dinner times were never that bad, the hall where people sat to eat was sometimes over crowded and a little loud, but it was always relaxing anyway.

The girls and I spent our dinner in relative silence, I didn't know whether to be ️thankful or not.

Suddenly, my phone began to rang in the pocket of my jeans. I fished it out and accepting call before I even had a chance to look.

"Hello?" I threw the fries down on to my plate and leaned back in the plastic chair.

"Darling." My mothers voice rang out. I rolled my eyes as soon as I heard her voice. I loved her, she was my mother, but she was completely different to me.