016

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

𝗙𝗜𝗡𝗔𝗟𝗟𝗬 𝗙𝗥𝗘𝗘

chapter sixteen:hurt, fight, forgive, repeat !

chapter sixteen:
hurt, fight, forgive, repeat !

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

IF SHE WAS being completely honest, Athena was actually doing better than she thought. Maybe expelling some of those hurt feelings through Drivers License helped her heal herself a little bit, she didn't know. All she knew was that some of the melancholy around her had started to wear off. She had taken Violetta's words to heart and started to focus on herself.

Don't get her wrong, she was still utterly heartbroken and hated the fact that she had to let Ricky go, but underneath all that hurt, she knew that it would be best for her. She didn't want to live in a relationship where it was just hurt, fight, forgive. Not that that was the only thing their relationship was built on, no — their relationship was built on trust and love. Athena realized as soon as she stepped out of that car that she loved Ricky unconditionally. Perhaps one day in the future they would go back to being Ricky and Athena, but just not right now.

Currently, the whole cast for Beauty and the Beast stood in the bomb shelter for an early rehearsal before the career fair. Well, except Nini — after that whole fiasco with The Rose Song, she had decided to start a new Instagram page and go by the name of Nina. Athena had texted her to apologize, but Athena could tell that it was instead Ricky's words that had hurt her more than Athena admitting the song shouldn't be in the show.

Speaking of Ricky, Athena knew he was looking at her. Athena stood next to Violetta, EJ, and Gina with her arms crossed, keeping her gaze anywhere but on Ricky. It was already awkward enough being with him after that night three days ago, but even more so with Athena accidentally driving past his street and  her trying to ignore all of the texts and calls he had been sending her.

"Hi," Miss Jenn began. "Thank you all for coming to rehearsal in the morning. I know it's a crazy day with the career fair and all, but given all your behavior last week, I believe we are lucky to be rehearsing at all. For future reference, singing and dancing, good. Breaking and entering, bad."

"Miss Jenn, we didn't break anything," Seb protested.

"Would you like me to be the first?"

"I'm good."

Carlos raised his hand. "Okay, I'm just gonna say it. Zack Roy stole our Beast mask. Why are you not freaking out?"

"Because winners don't freak out, Carlos," Miss Jenn insisted. "They rise. When they go low, we sing high."

She then sang a very loud and high note, making Athena jump in surprise. Violetta laughed next to her, making Athena roll her eyes and elbow her in the ribs.