15

Theodore stared right at Navy.

Eyeing her down in a way that made her more than uncomfortable, and she could sense the pressure from her best friend sitting next to him, with her arms crossed impatiently waiting for her to do as Theo said.

''I—'' Navy rose, sucking her bottom lip in between her teeth as she watched his hand clench around the vial, ''Fine.''

She snatched the bottle from him, holding it tremblingly in her grip as her eyes dragged across it. It didn't seem that harmful. It looked intense, but not in a way she'd heard of it.

An annoyed sigh left Theodore's lips as he kept his sight in hers, and just as she was about to flip the stopper off of it, someone hewed her off.

''Navy.'' William's hand landed on her shoulder, ''You don't have to do this. We can leave right now.''

She looked at him, nearly terrified, and maybe she was. Perhaps she was scared of what this meant, but she was also tired.

She was exhausted of the lies, the constant tells of untrue words, and a part of her just wanted it all to stop. Not to be afraid to get caught anymore, not to be frightened to see them.

''It's alright.'' Navy shrugged, smiling courageously at her brother, ''I want to do this if it means it'll stop.''

''Good girl.'' Theodore leaned back in his seat, raising a brow at her as he did.

Navy's eyes flickered over the blond boy next to her, noticing how he bit down into his bottom lip not to lose his temper. The words spoken by Theo made his blood boil. Draco could easily beat the life out of Theo for even looking at her like he did now.

She traced the vial up to her lips, and she poured a few drops of the harsh taste down her throat. A cough escaped her tongue as it stung and burnt.

''There you go, baby. Who's next?'' Theodore mumbled, his head tilted to Draco as he nodded towards him, ''Malfoy?''

Draco let his tongue roll on the inside of his cheek, raising his chin as he stared just as evilly back at the brunet, ''I'm not playing your fucking games, Nott.''

Theodore chuckled, holding his raised eyebrow as his elbows settled on the table, ''Weak.''

Draco could feel the anger spark within, ''What the fuck did you just call me?''

''I called you weak.'' Theodore said again, ''Because you are. You are a coward, isn't that right, Draco? Fucking your best friend's girlfriend, that's the weakest fucking shit I've ever heard.''

''I wouldn't be the one to talk if I were you,'' Draco shook his head, ''You're a Goddamn hypocrite.''

''And you are fucking weak,'' Theo tried to provoke more, but it didn't seem to bother Draco in the slightest. Changing his tactic, Theodore went for Navy instead, ''Not that I'll ever understand why you picked her out of all people. She's not that special—''

The blond flew off his seat, forcing his chair back as he reached over the table, and in a swift move, he got a hold of Theodore's collar. Draco slammed Theodore's head down to the wood.

The words Theo had spoken about him didn't get to him at all, but the second Theodore opened his mouth about Navy, Draco lost it.

''It's Malfoy to you, and you know what?'' Draco hissed, his teeth gritted, ''I will play this fucking game. But remember when I say that you asked for this. Nott. Not me.''

Draco threw Theo back, making him flop down to his seat again before he snatched the bottle out of Navy's hand, shaking a few drips off it onto his tongue.