Chapter 26

Charlie and Jessica lounged in the living room of the Burrow, Jessica wondered where everyone was. Charlie didn't seem the faintest bit of concern for his families whereabouts as he picked up the Daily Prophet to catch up on what was going on in England.

Jessica rested her head on Charlie's shoulder as they both read the paper, Jessica felt her eyes fall heavy, but the loud noise of Fred and George bounding through the kitchen door. Shocking Jessica awake, Ginny came in not long after, Fred and George raced upstairs complete oblivious to Jessica and Charlie's presence.

"Jessica, you came," Ginny said, hugging Jessica tightly

"Thanks Gin, no love for me," Charlie said, holding his arms out to her.

Molly and Arthur came in shortly after dragging Fred, George and Ginny's trunks in Molly dropped the trunk down on the floor. She hurried over embracing Charlie and Jessica, Molly whispered 'thank you' to Jessica, though Charlie didn't hear her.

Charlie caught up with his mum and dad, Arthur was telling him everything that was happening in England, including a situation that had been happening at Hogwarts. That Arthur thought Charlie might be able to help with, Ginny took Jessica around the fields that surrounded the Burrow.

Ginny informed Jessica of the other families that lived in Ottery St. Catchpole, such as the Diggorys, Fawcetts and the Lovegoods. Jessica heard a rustling in the bushes, but she had to remain composed as Charlie's family believed that she worked at the sanctuary with Charlie.

"Why didn't Ron and Percy come home for the holidays?" Jessica asked, "Ron still owes me a rematch,"

"Percy is taking his Head Boy duties very seriously," Ginny said "And Ron is trying to help Hagrid with Buckbeaks case,"

"What happened?" Jessica asked

"Buckbeak 'attacked' a student," Ginny said, using air quotes on the mid-sentence.

"He did what?" Jessica exclaimed

"He didn't, Malfoy's such an attention seeker, Buckbeak barely scratched him,"

"If Buckbeak didn't hurt him, then why does Hagrid need help with Buckbeaks case," Jessica asked

"Because Malfoy's father is furious, with how much he can influence the Ministry, who knows they'll do to Buckbeak," Ginny explained

"Maybe Charlie do something," Jessica said,

"Yes, come on," Ginny said, dragging Jessica back to the Burrow,

The pair sprinted through the long grass, Jessica almost tripping as they stumbled over the uneven ground. Once they reached the Burrow, Jessica hurried in but Charlie was in a deep conversation with Arthur and she didn't want to disturb him. Jessica heard Arthur and Charlie talking about Buckbeak, but as she was going to enter the room, Molly gestured for Jessica to come to the kitchen with her.

"Jessica, I'm so glad you and Charlie are here," Molly began, Jessica smiled at her,

"I hoped you could have convinced him to come here, and I'm glad you did," Molly said, hugging Jessica

A few days later and it was Charlie's birthday, Jessica had been sleeping in Ginny's room, as Molly and Arthur wouldn't allow Charlie and Jessica to share a bedroom while they were staying. Jessica didn't mind it was nice to have a bit of girl time with Ginny, they stayed up talking and gossiping.

Ginny had revealed that Fred was crushing on one of his friends, though Ginny believed that she would never go for him. Jessica put the tiniest bit of make-up on she didn't wear it often but felt like Charlie's birthday was a big enough celebration.

Ginny woke Jessica up earlier to be downstairs before Charlie woke up, Molly had plated Jessica up breakfast. Jessica was amazed Charlie really did cook the same as his mother, her food tasted just how Charlie would cook it back at the sanctuary.

"He's coming mum," George said, hurrying to sit down in the kitchen with Jessica, Ginny, Fred, Molly and Arthur, Charlie entered the kitchen everyone yelled

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" Charlie smiled at everyone in the kitchen,

"Happy birthday sweetie," Molly said, she hurried over, cupping his face kissing his cheek Charlie hugged her.

"Thanks mum," Charlie said, "I'm glad I came home,"

"Here Charlie, Fred and I put this together for you," George said, handing Charlie a photo album, with loads of photos from their childhood together, and recent photos that were taken in Egypt.

"We had to include Jess too, she part of the family," Fred added, Jessica smiled as she too looked at the photos, giggling when she saw pictures of Charlie as a little boy.

Arthur sat Charlie at the head of the table, sitting Jessica next to him, Molly had made Charlie a big breakfast, his favourite breakfast. Bacon, scrambled eggs, with baked beans and a slice of toast. The day was filled with many things in Charlie's honour, from playing his favourite game to having his favourite meal for dinner.

Molly and Arthur were trying to settle an argument between the twins and Ginny, Jessica thought this was the perfect opportunity to give Charlie his birthday present. She left upstairs to go and grab his present from her bag, when Jessica came back downstairs, Charlie had received a letter from Ron regarding Buckbeaks case.

"Charlie what wrong?" Jessica said, noticing the disappointment on his face.

"It's Buckbeak, they've sentenced him to death,"

"Oh Charlie," Jessica said, rushing over to him, rubbing his shoulders "is there anything we can do?" she asked

"Not unless we can get him to Romania," Charlie said,

"Why don't we take him with us," Jessica suggested, "You did fly on a Hippogriff to my house,"

"You did what!" Fred said, falling from around the corner, with George falling on top of him, they had been listening to them, they hurried away once Charlie saw them.

"Yeah, we'll take him home with us," Charlie said, Jessica kissed him,

"I hope this makes you feel a little better," Jessica said, handing him her present, though it was only an envelope, Charlie opened it curious to know what she had got him, his eyes widened.

"Two tickets to New Zealand," Charlie said

"Yeah, I thought we search Antipodean Opaleye Dragon together," Jessica said,

Charlie smiled at her, hugged her tightly, this had to have been the greatest thing anyone had done for him, and he would love nothing more than to go to New Zealand, with two of his most loved beings Dragons and Jessica.