Year 5 - 7 (Wand Monogamy)

Beta: Cloudy

(≖‿‿≖)ノ⌒●~*

With the first week officially down—no one was given detention from Umbridge—I decided it was time to test out my new acquisition.

At the edge of my bed rested the dark oak vanishing trunk Sil bought for me at the start of summer. I was grateful no one questioned why I needed a second "trunk" with my belongings that year, nor did anyone figure out what it truly was.

I lovingly patted it. "Welp. Time to test it out!"

I popped it open, hopped inside the blue velvety interior, shut the lid, counted to three, then—

It was a sensation like falling, as if someone had tossed the trunk into water. No sound could be heard, and even with my eyes opened wide I only saw darkness. When the sensation subsided, I opened the lid. To my delight, I found myself staring up at the ceiling at my home in Lunar's Orchard.

"Sil?" I tentatively called out as I sat up in the chest.

My House Elf appeared before me in her cute little dress and apron. "Yes, missus?"

"It worked!" I squealed. "Yay! Okay."

I crawled out of the trunk, examining the living room of my house with a big smile on my face. I had a floo connection installed last summer. The connection would only allow those I had keyed into the wards to use the floo. Presently, only Fenrir and myself were keyed in to do so. The floo was hooked up to public access so I'd be able to floo to Diagon Alley or other public points across Britain—including the Ministry.

As it was a ward-keyed floo connection, the magic on the system would be able to identify me. If I said home, it would take me here, so I wouldn't need to give out my address.

My smile was as bright as can be.

I officially had an easy way in and out of Hogwarts.

Best way to celebrate that would be a heist, of course! Something grand to explain why Gentleman Rose had to take a small break.

There was supposed to be a visiting fossil exhibition in Edinburgh and some fossils on display are the canis dirus.

If our hypothesis was correct and the canis dirus was what was used as the base ritual for the lycanthrope curse, then it'd (probably) be terribly important to obtain as many versions of the fossil as I could.

I'll need to set up some preservation cases first. I wouldn't want them to get damaged under my care. I don't plan to keep them long-term if I can help it, things important to science should be returned once done.

Fossils were fun to steal but not grand enough... what else could be added?

"Tom, correct my memory if I'm wrong—but doesn't the Noble family of Rosier live near Edinburgh?"

"The Ancient and Noble manor of Rosier is hidden in Pentland near Edinburgh," affirmed Tom.

"I think this semester is the perfect time to see if I can break into a Noble home."

"What a delight," said Tom. "I do have some good news."

"Oh?"

"I may have found a way to substitute the binding ingredient, if you're ready for another test run."

"You know what? It's Friday night. If I've got the ingredients, let's do it now."

"Wh—Really?"