Funny Meeting You Here

To think you still took comfort in the nether, despite it feeling the farthest thing from homely.

You curled yourself into the netherack, extremely far from any and all civilization, trying to ignore that your brother was still living here, even farther from where you were now, with just as much anger for you as when you first left.

If anything, you were trying to ignore everything in life.

There was no drama about murder, there was no drama with your only living family member, there was no deeply guilty feeling in you for leaving Tommy and Tubbo in the ravine to sort things by themselves.

Just you and this nice warm netherack.

You loved warm things.

Warm things brought back so many happy memories, of family, and life-

Happiness in its purest form- happiness that you could only look back at with a melancholic gaze.

But even with how nice it was, you finally came to after sitting there for so long, dragging your mind out of memories and into the present.

This was not a happy time.

Shuffling out of your curled position, you looked out over the wasteland of red.

You thought about how you should probably go back.

How you should try to do damage control.

Wilbur, as far as you were concerned, didn't trust anyone anymore. So that was a thing.

You didn't know how to fix that, but you figured you could try. If not for you then for Tommy, because Tommy seemed to look up to him.

You heaved another shaky sigh, focusing on netherack in the distance, letting the red color mesh together in your eyes.

Red, and red, and red... and... green...?

A figure was approaching you from the distance.

Oh God.

Not a person already-

You had barely even decided to get up, and yet drama was already close at your heels.

The closer the figure got, the farther dread dropped in you.

White mask.

Smiley face, netherite armor shimmering with enchantments in the same manner as their axe.

The figure came within five feet of you, looking down at your position on the floor.

Their own self-superiority radiated off their being, making you wince in disgust.

"Dream." You said, refusing to stand up, because standing up meant acknowledging him with respect, and that was the last thing you would give him.

"(Y/N)."

You nearly scowled out him, reigning in your facial expression the best you could, "Funny meeting you way out here."

How he knew where you were was the real question.

How did he find you, all the way out here in the middle of nowhere.

A silence passed you both, Dream staring deeply at you.

"You know, it's a shame you're so neutral."

You frowned at him.

What was that supposed to mean. Was it bad to avoid conflict? To not want to kill people for something or another like every other side in this land seems to want?