//Confrontation//

Aight, it took a while, but this chap's finally done. The chapter is 3,050 words or so, without the longass authors notes.

Anyhow, if you have any questions (sometimes I forget to explain things properly because they're explained in my brain) about literally anything, ask in the comments, or message me (on wattpad or otherwise) because I get A LOT of comment notifs daily and might not see them until later. Or they might be buried under the mountains. So like, yeah.

Happy reading, hehehe~~

-----

I let out a quiet groan as I sat up in bed, pain racking throughout my entire body. "Everything hurts-" I winced, rolling out of the bed and standing to my feet while I rubbed my eyes tiredly. "Urgh-" I cringed as I stopped at the doorway, remembering my demon's disguise. "Do I walk all the way across the room to grab it and suffer all the while?" I muttered to myself. "Or do I risk being brutally murdered by a demon who wants to literally eat my ass. And my brain."

A few minutes later I walked down the hall, mask properly secured to my face, my cloak covering my unnatural light-coloured hair- an even more unusual colour for a demon. Though it was rare to come across other demons in this area of the castle, thanks to my demon pals- one of which is a queen, there were very few in the area. Alas, there was still the occasional patrol.

After all, there were still demons who revolted against the leave of humans from their world, and banment on consuming them in the first place. Mujika was doing her best to convince these...rebels... via announcements and reasoning. Sonju occasionally went on missions when the rebels would attack villages in protest- although there's only been two occasions of such.

My eyebrows scrunched together in concern for a moment.'I remember seeing some documents regarding the matter on Mujika's desk. Something about a "group of protestors"?' I hummed, scratching my head. 'Oh well. Neither of the two has mentioned anything about it yet, it's probably no big deal.'

Just as I arrived at the dining room I caught a waft of a familiar and heavenly smell through my mask, my eyes widening in excitement in shock. "Pancakes-?!" I exclaimed, throwing the door open.

In the past year or so of my time in the demon world I'd encountered these demon delicacies a few times- and they were one of the best things I'd ever eaten. Even if I had ever hated pancakes at some point in my life, after eating these pancakes the first time, that became a thing of the past.

I sat at my designated seat and began piling my favourite toppings onto the heavenly breakfast that was set out. After another few minutes passed I sighed, tapping on my demon mask impatiently. "Sonju and Mujika aren't here yet..." I glanced down to the pancakes once more, before shrugging to myself. "Oh well. I'll start without them."

I was about one half of the way through my pancakes, my mask pushed up onto my forehead so my mouth was uncovered, when Sonju and Mujika walked in the room.

Immediately, I knew there was a problem, as I faintly heard their mutters in the demon dialect. 'Could it be the demon rebels-?' I thought to myself as they came within earshot, the Demon queen's incomprehensible murmuring becoming audible. ."The only woman to ever tell you she loves you will be your mom." Mujika spoke in the demon tongue as she pulled out a chair, her usual kind and innocent smile on her face.

I looked up from my pancakes, my mouth stuffed, and blinked, wondering if I'd misheard her. The demon tongue was a fairly new one to me, after all- "Oh wait." Mujika continued, her smile deepening. "Not even she ever told you that."

My jaw hung open, unable to find any words. 'No, I definitely heard her right-' "Oh, Y/N." The demon woman acknowledged my existence in the human language and I froze. "Sorry for being late. I'm glad you started without us." She spoke quickly as she sat down, before turning to Sonju, who continued their...conversation... in their first language.