9 - *Till the Next Time*

Chapter 9 - Till the Next Time

"Stark, you hearing me? We have a missile headed straight for the city." Ophelia heard Fury say over comms, her stomach dropping at the news. As if they weren't dealing with enough at the moment, the politicians had to screw things up even more.

"How long?" Tony asked, his voice strained in effort.

"Three minutes, at best. Stay low and wipe out the missile." Fury signed out.

Ophelia took a deep breath in anxiety before crouching down, ignoring her bodies protest and jumping up again. Using the flying enemy as alternative transport to reach her teammates as fast as possible. She knocked off any aliens that tried to divert her course.

Peering down as she rounded a corner, Ophelia saw Thor and Cap just finish fighting off a horde of Chitauri. Their suits covered in dust and blood as the fatigue of the battle set in for everyone. Ophelia stepped off her borrowed chariot, throwing it at another flying alien aircraft as she landed roughly next to Thor.

"You good Cap?" Ophelia asked in worry, the super soldier clutching his middle in pain. When he only waved off her concern, she smacked his arms away and saw a hefty wound on his side.

Huffing to herself, Ophelia rummaged through her first aid kit. Her bandages too small for the gash on the Captains stomach. 

"Somehow, I don't think this will be helping." She held up a pack of Tangled theme bandaids. 

"Don't worry, I'm fine. This isn't necessary." Ophelia ignored Steve's reassurances, quietly celebrating when she found a roll of gauze in her kit.

 She cut a decent amount and wrapped it around the battle fatigued Captains middle.

"Don't kill yourself out of stubbornness Gramps." She sternly said, keeping her eyes on his face to show that she was being serious.

"I can close it! Can anybody hear me? I can shut the portal down!" Natasha shouted from the comms. Relief suddenly overcame Ophelia, always trust Widow to get the job done.

"Do it!" Cap yelled into the comms frantically.

"No, wait!" Tony cried out.

"Stark, these things are still coming!" Steve stressed.

"I got a nuke coming in, it's gonna blow in less than a minute. And I know just where to put it."

"Oh, shit he's gonna-" Ophelia cut herself off, looking up at the small figure of Stark carrying the missile, "Not a bad plan Jabba the Hutt."

"Thanks Quasimodo."

"Stark, you know that's a one-way trip?" Steve softly said, his voice grave.

Tension filled the air as Thor, Steve and Ophelia all stared up, watching as Tony rocketed across the city. The missile on his back as he diverted its course until finally it passed through the portal.