Chapter 109

"What was Emily like?" Roman asked quietly. It was three am, and Roman couldn't sleep. He was thinking. He knew Remus was awake. He was next to him on the couch watching porn on his phone.

"Emily was the type of kid, who if you asked her for a skittle, she'd give you the entire bag" Remus responded, quietening after he said that.

"Impressive" Roman joked.

"Yeah, and since she's-sorry, was, blind, she probably would've spilled them everywhere and cried not because she didn't get any, but because you didn't get any."

"This is oddly specific" Roman chuckled.

"Yeah. It's happened about fifteen times."

"Dude."

"In the same day."

"Oh-"

"Yeah. Emily was just like her mom when she was a kid, according to old family videos. -Yes, i've seen my best friend's MOM'S family videos-Smiles and giggles all the time, positive, serious when she needed to be, which wasn't often. She was like, four..she didn't let her disability ruin her life..and she'd always cling to Virgil.."

Roman listened intently as Remus listed off the many things about Emily.

"She was so excited to start school, and make friends. She planned out everything and was bouncing up and down, off the walls, rambling about how she wanted best friends like Virgil did.."  Remus smiled sadly, "she always had to be with Virgil..she couldn't be left alone with Andrew-or by herself-when Lucia had to work."

Roman was seeing the error of his ways as he listened, and was kind of guilty. The only thing that was keeping him from actually feeling complete and utter remorse, is that he doesn't want to admit that he was wrong.

He's stubborn.

————————————————————

"Carl, you idiot!" Paul groaned, "why the hell did you mark Andrew for 20 years in prison?! Did you even read his file!? Abuse, murder, rape, pedophilia, and feticide. FETICIDE OF ANY SORT IS A LIFE SENTENCE! Plus, he didn't just kill one unborn baby, and it wasn't by accident! He killed about four, maybe five, this is most defiantly a prison for life case if i've ever seen one!"

"Will you calm yourself?! We could've changed it any time! Plus, we didn't even bring it to court before he escaped, so a judge never got the chance to decide for real!" Carl exclaimed, defending himself.

"Hey, I know what'll make you feel better" Carl said with a smile, just as Paul was about to inhale and make a scene again.

"What?" Paul asked suspiciously with a huff of defeat.

"I brought peanut butter."

Paul opened his eyes wide, and brought his voice to a low whisper. "Really?"

Carl saw the excitement in Paul's eyes. There we go.

See, they do this thing, where on especially boring work days, they'd take turns dipping their balls into melted peanut butter, and have the other person lick and suck it off from under the front desk, and whoever can make the least noise while being sucked wins.

It was harder when people came in and needed to talk about something, though. And that just made it more fun. They had to pretend everything was perfectly normal.

(A/n: how the hell do I come up with this stuff on the spot? I THOUGHT OF PEANUT BUTTER AND JUST WENT WITH IT-)

————————————————————

"Hi, thanks for checking in, i'm still a piece of garbage" Virgil muttered as he heard the sound of knuckles rapping on his door.

"It's Emile!" He heard a light, peppy voice say on the other side.

Virgil sighed softly, rolling off of his bed, and opening the door. "S'up" he said, flopping back down on his bed. He felt like he never talked with Emile one-on-one. He knew that they did, however, he felt his connection wasn't as strong with him as it was with Patton.

"Hello!" Emile replied back, walking over to Virgil and sitting next to him on the bed, "I came over to hang!"

"Hang?" Virgil asked with a brow raise. He never 'Hanged' with Emile. He just didn't know what to do with him. What did Emile like to do?

"Yeah!! I brought Logan, too, I swear, even though he denies it, he needs a break from Patton screaming about puppies." Emile smirked.

"Is Logan invisible or something?" Virgil joked.

"Nope! He's greeting your mom. Hand-shaking or something. Telling her when you'll be home and stuff-he's so formal. Usually, if we're hanging out without Logan we just bust in through the window and kidnap each other."

"Sounds fun, who are we kidnaping next?" Virgil asked.

"Nobody, we're just going to hang out somewhere!"

So they walked downstairs, and left, Lucia and Alex waving them off.

——————

"Bye Virgil! Try not to lick any doorknobs out in public again! We keep telling you, you're going to get sick!" Alex called, watching as Virgil went red in front of his friends.

He thought he was going to die when Logan gave Virgil the most judging look ever, like, Virgil looked ready to throw himself into the sun after the pure and utter judgement radiated off of Logan's eyes.

"Good job!" Lucia smiled, high-fiving Alex, "you're like a parent embarrassing their kid, or an annoying sibling."

"Well, I try" Alex joked as they watched the news like the old MFer's they are-

"These guys have been on the news an awful lot, haven't they? It seems like every single time anyone who has more money than any others just end up on the news so people can suck up to them." Lucia remarked, looking at the two people. They looked awfully familiar.

The guy's mask slipped down for a split second, and she paused the tv.

No.

How?

Was that...Andrew?