.2-2.

It was hard not to notice Taehyung standing in front of the theatre's exit, looking sharp in his three-piece slim-fit black suit. The onlookers were not being very subtle and for some inexplicable reason, all the ogling irked Jungkook more than it probably should have.

"You waited here the whole time?"

"Yes, I did."

"What if something had happened inside? Can you do your job from a distance? Because that would be a first in terms of duty to rescue."

"It was my understanding you didn't want me to follow you inside."

Mingyu couldn't help but tease Jungkook about his indecisiveness. "Make up your mind! Do you want him around or not?"

Good question which required an answer Jungkook didn't have yet. So he ignored it. For now. "Let's just get outta here."

Lucky for Jungkook, the answer was quick to come in the form of numerous videos of Taehyung using some kinda Brazilian jujitsu hold (according to online comments) in order to pin the angry bloke down long enough for the girlfriend to flee the scene.

OK. So the guy knew self-defence. A basic requirement for any security job, Jungkook reckoned. Taehyung still had to prove himself and convince the boy he was indeed worthy of all the praise he was getting online.

The teen wondered whether he could take a look at Taehyung's resume or credentials or something of the sort that would somehow persuade him to keep him around, even though it meant putting up with the man's calls for suitableness in terms of thirteen-year-old language and behaviour.

After all, it was a big deal, letting a stranger into your life for the sole purpose of security and Jungkook asked himself why he was never being consulted on the matter.

Once again, events caught up with him the following weekend, as Jungkook was on his way to a friend's birthday party.

The Bluetooth helmets allowed Taehyung to call the teenager on his cell phone. "Jungkook? This is Taehyung."

It was weird to say the least, to hear a voice other than your own inside your head. "Yeah? What is it?"

"There is a red light ahead."

"And?"

"When the bike comes to a stop. I'd like you to let go of the hand grabs and hold onto to me. Can you do that?"

"What? Why?"

"It seems we're being followed and I'm going to try and shake them off."

"O-Okay."

Jungkook did as told and almost regretted it instantly. He never knew a bike could take off so fast and if his pulse was any indication, he was very much getting a kick out of it. Or perhaps he would have were it not for the loud roar he heard behind him.

Someone — whoever they were — had also picked up speed.

If Jungkook had had any doubts about Taehyung's ability to manoeuvre a motorcycle in heavy traffic, they soon all vanished as the rider skilfully outdistanced whoever was tailing them, without excessive use of speed.

Despite the adrenaline rush pumping through his system, Jungkook had never felt so safe.

Wild. Especially given the circumstances.

But what was wilder was Taehyung's apology as soon as they reached their destination. "I'm sorry I had to take a detour. We are late."

"Don't be sorry! You did what you had to do."

Besides, a high-speed chase on the Bukbu Urban Expressway was the best excuse for not arriving on time.

Wattpad fanfic writers write for free, but one way you can show your appreciation for their hard work is to vote!

Thank you for reading ~♡