Chapter eighty eight

"You are so like your mother miss (y/l/n)...a loitering fool." Palatine spoke darkly with a pitch black hood drawn down over his eyes. Two armoured guards that had appeared seemingly out of nowhere held my down on my knees before him as I struggled, the holographic image of my father still president in the corner. I'd been trying to reach out to Anakin but within his office is was a tough the dark side was suffocating my reach. Still I flared at the treacherous man with hatred as he took slow steps towards me, blood boiling as he spoke of my mother - the woman whom he'd moments earlier admitted to having killed.

"And you're nothing but a traitor.,!" I spat in response attempting to pull my arms free only for the grip of those two guards to tighten to a bruising pressure. That's when I felt my airways begin to close up, my thoughts fuzzy as I grew lightheaded from the lack of fresh oxygen. All the while I was being choked by invisible hands I continued to glare towards the shadow cast over his eyes, conveying my distain without words.

"Master please...let her go, there are simpler ways to solve this, she is vital for your plan if she not?" I heard my father asking in a surprisingly pleading tone as the blue light of the hologram flickered. Still the pressure on my throat continued to build and black spots began to appear in my peripheral vision.

"Plans can change, she has made herself a burden for the last time..." Palpatine responded and I replied as helpless to watch as he flicked the curved hilt of a lightsaber out from under his robe. My heart began to pound beneath my chest as I watched him approach, fighting to stay conscious as my lungs burnt for the tiniest gasp of air. Then I found myself doing something I never expected to, that being letting my eyes flicker to the image of my father in search of help. I was afraid, afraid I might never see Anakin again, that I might not be able to warn him of the danger he was in.

"Now, you shall die...just like Karina, and with that," he paused now stood right before me, taking w second to ignite his crimson lightsaber. "I will have won..."

That's when I heard a crash followed by shouts and after that the world grew very dark very fast...

Anakin's pov

"Come on Obi wan, it's obvious you and Satine have something going on, so what are the chance Korkie's your son? I mean he looks like you: he talks like you - he's basically a mini version of you." I joked raising a brow towards my adorably flustered former master as he sat opposite with reddened cheeks sipping from his tea. It was very funny and watching how quickly he grew embarrassed at the mention of Satine. (Y/n) was right, they definitely have something going on. He was trying to hide his face behind his mug, cute move but completely ineffective.

"Anakin we're not having this conversation, Korkie isn't even Satines son he's her nephew." Obi wan replied with a sigh placing his mug down and instead running his fingers back threw his hair. I rolled my eyes and gave a slight scoff of laughter, not believing his words for a second. Leaning round I picked my daughter up from her portable crib, gently rocking her in my arms as she slept. She was so beautiful: just like her mother, my innocent little baby girl, my princess. Then I looked back to Obi wan who seemed to be nervously fidgeting his hands in his lap. It was almost like he didn't know the answer himself...

"Yeah right, come on Obi wan: you're smarter than this," I replied while looking up from my daughter and across to my master sat opposite upon the couch. As I was looking his way I got a strange feeling in my stomach but quickly chose to dismiss it since I'd eaten a sandwich that I don't remember making from the fudge earlier. We'd been off world for nearly a week, no way that sandwich was still good. Anyway my focus was solely on Obi wan right now, not my indigestion. He could be a father, that was pretty awesome. "Korkie's what? Early teens, when did you last see Satine? Come on Obi wan you can tell me." I added while scooting across the sofa towards him as he rubbed his hands over his face and looked away. In my arms Ari began to stir, making little gurgling noises and she wriggled in my arms. She was as just so sweet.