Chapter thirty-six - I don't feel like talking

Khloe

My eyes fluttered open and light exploded into my vision.

Where was I?

I heard myself groan slightly and my head hurt like it had hit something. 

I sat up, and took in my surroundings. I saw that there were faces looking down on me, but it took my vision a moment for it to register who was looking down at me.

Austin?

"You're okay, Khloe." He said to me when he saw that i recognised him.

"What happened?" I asked, looking at the other faces, noticing Blake was at my other side, along with a cheerleader, a teacher and none other than my brother Dean.

"I think you fainted, Sweetheart. You feeling okay?" The teacher said, crouching down by my side.

I nodded. "Fainted?" I said and rolled my eyes. "Oh." I said, feeling my cheeks heat up.

That was when I noticed a paramedic come towards us and crouch down besides me.

"How you feeling?" The lady said.

I nodded. "Fine."

I could feel Dean's eyes on me, but I avoided his gaze.

"What's your name?" She asked.

"It's Khloe Lakewood." Someone said and I noticed it was my brother who had answered.

"Okay, Khloe, I'm just going to check you over." She said. "Did you hit your head?"

I nodded, feeling the ache in the back of my head.

"I saw her fall." The cheerleader said. "When she hit the ground, her body started shaking."

I looked at Dean and worry flashed his eyes. I gulped.

What did that mean?

"That's perfectly normal if you hit your head." The paramedic said. "It happens when someone hits their head and the brain is briefly deprived of oxygen." She explained.

I nodded, feeling anxious.

"When was the last time you ate something, Khloe?" The paramedic asked me.

I shrugged. "I wasn't really hungry this morning."

She nodded, but gave me a serious look and checked my blood sugar levels. "You're blood sugar's low. Clear sign you haven't eaten enough."

I bit my lip and nodded. "Sorry." I said.

"Is she okay?" Dean asked, coming to me side.

As much as I hate to admit it, I felt better to know that Dean was here. I was genuinely scared and confused, but Dean's presence helped, it made me feel better. However, I noticed that Dean was far too aware of Austin and Blake's presence. It was like he was trying to prevent himself from showing to them that he cared or was worried about me.