𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

"This may be a special night, but... let's not let the public find out! Behave like soldiers without causing a ruckus!" My mouth watered at the sight of the meat on the table as a random soldier talked to us, but his words only went in one ear and out the next.

"Is this... really meat?" I say softly to Connie and Sasha who were in front of me. I hesitantly went to touch the ham but my hand was slapped away by Jean. Eren and I slap Jean on the shoulder in return, Eren having to maneuver around me from his place right by my side to reach the now agitated horse-face.

"Don't get your grimy hands on the food," he says, partially annoyed but also amused. I slap him again on the shoulder.

"Oh, shut it, Kirstein, I wasn't sure if it was real!" Jean just laughs at me again and Eren pulls me closer to his side, which I don't resist.

"Tonight's the night before we retake Wall Maria!" The man from before says, holding up a mug of beer. "Cheer!" Everyone cheers but I don't as my eyes are still fixated on the ham in front of us.

Once the man is done talking, all of us at our own little table filled up with Connie, Sasha, Jean, Armin, Mikasa, and Eren, everyone immediately shoots out their hands to take a piece of meat, but are all shocked when Sasha got shot it first and starts gnawing down on it.

"Code Red! Code Red!" I scream out to the others and everyone launches into the action.

Last night Levi told me that the captains and commanders were spoiling all the soldiers with hams and chickens at dinner, also saying I wasn't allowed to tell anyone, but long story short, I told everyone and we all made a plan for the inevitable.

I throw Armin and Eren pieces of rope while Connie holds Sasha in a headlock. A second later Jean and I swung over the table and took both of her arms that still had a vice-like grip on the huge chunk of ham.

"Mikasa! Your turn!" Armin yells out while Jean, Connie, and I drag Sasha over to a pillar a few feet away from our table. Mikasa nods, her eyes narrowed at Sasha's ravenous state, and pushes at her face with one hand while ripping the meat out her mouth with the other.

Mikasa finally gets the meat out from Sasha's mouth and sets it on the table, cutting off the pieces that Sasha slobbered on. Her mouth now empty, Sasha screams and bellows at the loss of the meat, but her yells are lost in the room filled with the other screaming cadets, all wrestling for their own share of food.

"Damit, Yeager! Tie those knots already- Ow! She bit me! S-She's eating me! She's eating me! Sasha, stop it!" Jean yells as Sasha chews on his hand, mistaking him for the meat she was just biting down on seconds ago. I flick Sasha in the head and she releases his hand with a whimper, but it soon turns into a growl again as she fights against us.

"I'm trying!" Eren yells out while narrowly missing the kick Sasha sent out for his head. It takes Armin to full-on fling himself over her legs to let Eren tie her flailing limbs down and behind the post her back was now up against.

After a few more minutes of struggling we all back away from a depressed Sasha as she stares at the meat on the table longingly before passing out fully. The rest of us are left panting and whipping drops of sweat off of our foreheads as we head back to the table.

Once settled down we just went into casual talk until Jean opened his big mouth.

He was talking with Marlo about random shit that I was too bored to listen in onto, but my ears perked up when he raised his voice. "But the most useless of all is the suicidal maniac who only knows how to charge in."

Jean bumps his shoulder into mine, trying to talk clearer to Eren who was on my other side, one of his hands interlocked with mine and tucked away under the table.