𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞

CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE:TEAR HIMSELF IN HALF

TEAR HIMSELF IN HALF

"THERE'S OUR RIDE." CLINT POINTED making the trio run faster. Steve and Scott joined them before Steve quickly yelled for the others and Sam and Bucky were quick to join them as well. The group all ran forward towards the quinjet, they could see it. They were so close until they were forced to stop by a line being drawn in front of them by Vision's stone. They stopped, looking up at the man that was floating above them.

"Captain Rogers." Vision called down to them. "I know you believe what you're doing is right." Tony joined with Natasha, dropping the woman safely to the ground. "But for the collective good, you must surrender now." That's when Rhodey flew in, dropping T'Challa to the ground who rolled and safely landed before standing back up and beside of Tony. Rhodey then landed with Peter joining his side. And Vision slowly lowered himself to the ground.

"What do we do, Cap?" Sam questioned.

Steve stood there for a moment before he said the words Salem hoped wouldn't have to be said. "We fight." And then he moved forward, and they followed him.

"This is gonna end well." Natasha sighed before Tony's side moved forwards as well. Once Steve's team sprinted into a jog, so did Tony's until they were full on running towards one another and the first punch was placed. Salem found herself focusing on Peter, teleporting behind the kid and grabbing onto him and throwing him to the ground and kicking him away before quickly teleporting between the punches and blows, fighting wherever she appeared before she found herself landing in front of Natasha.

"How could you do this to me?" Salem asked, frustrated tears in her eyes.

"I'm doing what I think is right." Natasha told the girl. "I won't fight you, Salem."

"That's too bad." Salem swallowed thickly. "Because I'm about to fight you so that I can have my freedom, and so that my girlfriend isn't used as a target."

"Salem. . ." Natasha tried but Salem let one tear slip down her cheek before she turned into the agent she was trained to be. She teleported beside Natasha, grabbing onto the woman's arm and leg before tossing her away, but Natasha was quick to catch her landing and turn towards the girl. But she didn't fight her. She refused to fight Salem. She refused to fight the girl whom she saw as her daughter. She couldn't do that. But Salem was angry. She was upset. And she kept on fighting. And Natasha was letting her win.

"Fight back, damnit!" Salem snarled, spinning and kicking the woman in the chest.

"I will fight Clint, I will fight everyone else, but I will not fight you, Salem." Natasha shook her head. Salem clenched her jaw as she shook her head.

"What kind of assassin are you?" Salem asked. And she would regret the question. She knew it was harsh. But her words were controlled by her anger. And with a reluctant sigh, Natasha fought back. And to her surprise, Salem could beat her. But then again, Natasha and Clint were the only two to train her. She knew all the moves that one could possibly know. And as Natasha fought the girl, she realized that Salem wanted her to fight back because Natasha could and she could possibly win.