Chapter 28: You Are My Faith (IX)

TL : Snowy Codex

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although Tylor had told Kaiser in a very imposing manner that Shang Ke was going to stay at his mansion, Shang Ke still spiritedly left with Kaiser, completely ignoring Tylor's sad and gloomy face.

On the way back home, Kaiser looked at the youth beside him. Handsome features, a pair of rippling eyes, and a head of long black hair that flowed down his back with a silky luster. His every action carried a very spiritual and harmonious manner. What was even more important was that he had a very pure nature and firm will. After thinking, it did not seem strange at all for Tylor to fall in love with him.

"What's wrong?" Shang Ke asked as he turned his head toward him.

Pupu also turned to look at him with a questioning gaze.

"No-nothing." Kaiser immediately took his gaze back. That one look caused his heartbeat to speed up a bit. He had originally wanted to ask about his relationship with Tylor, but in the end he didn't ask anything. However, so long as he thought about how Shang Ke would one day be together with Tylor, his heart would feel stuffy.

In fact, Tylor's heart was just as stuffy as his. Watching as the man he liked left with another man, it was impossible for his mood to improve.

But the world would not wait for them to settle their feelings, and every country in the continent responded to the Holy Empire's call, agreeing to participate in the sealing of the Devil's Tree.

With the mission decided, they began the journey to seal the tree.

The warriors all prepared themselves to leave for the marsh abyss.

No one knew just how dangerous the sealing operation would be. Although Shang Ke did not know exactly how many people there were, he remembered that almost everyone had been killed in the end. Their losses were disastrous after merely entering the fringe, and those who had managed to survive all had mental shadows. During the operation's second attempt, two-thirds of the party were lost.

As such, Shang Ke did not have much assurance in this operation. He could only concentrate on all of the final warriors who managed to last until the end, and make use of his ability to absorb devil qi to protect them until the interior of the abyss.

This time, Tylor joined Kaiser's group and operated along with them. Shang Ke had also asked for two other people aside from Tylor, one being the Guard Captain Max that had provoked him before, and the other being the , Simbi.

They could understand asking for assistance from Max, but what the heck was the horticulture master for? Tylor and Kaiser both couldn't understand at all.

Shang Ke said, "One's social status does not say anything about their power of faith. Plus, sealing the Devil's Tree needs different kinds of faiths. So the more kinds of faith there are, the better."

Then he doesn't necessarily have to choose a horticulture master! It's not that they look down on that occupation, rather, the one before them was too strange! He wore a shirt and jacket on his upper body while his lower body wore a grass skirt, and he also wore grass boots! Was this kind of expressive madman really suitable for the mission?

With his participation, the style of the entire group became wrong!

But under Shang Ke's strong persuasion, everyone still agreed with much difficulty. The group altogether had twenty-three people, among them were Kaiser's five companions Amy, Vadula, Fred, Youri and Duro. The remaining people were mostly Tylor's men.