Chapter 29: You Are My Faith (X)

TL : Snowy Codex

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shang Ke did not intend to play the harp, but from the corner of his eyes, he saw Youri fidgeting with a harp and went over to take a look. He had chosen the musical instrument skill from the System, so everytime, he would be able to choose a different instrument to learn. There were all kinds of instruments in the System, so many, in fact, that he wouldn't be able to count them all. In theory, as long as he had enough energy for it, he could learn pretty much all the instruments.

At present time, he had previously chosen the piano, flute and violin (chosen after the second world). He still had not had contact with instruments from other worlds. The harp of this world was a bit different from the one in his memory; it was like a bent silver moon, inlaid with three elaborate magic crystals that were bright like stars and stringed with seven golden metallic strands.

To inlay such precious magic crystals in an instrument, probably only those nobility born people like Youri could obtain them.

Shang Ke tried playing a couple tones, and the magic crystals formed a boundary and immediately fluctuated, seemingly giving the music an amplifying effect, passing on the sound farther.

He was a bit interested now, aspects of music started to assemble in his mind. His fingers moved and started to play by improvising.

Melodious and sweet music poured out like running water, gradually turning into the Milky Way, slowly flowing out into the night sky.

Shang Ke did not notice that with his playing, the devil qi that polluted everyone's body all started to be pulled into his body bit by bit. This was also the reason why everyone had suddenly felt relaxed.

Everyone walked out one by one from the tents, quietly gazing at the man that was concentrated on playing. They carefully listened with all of their attention as their jittery mood gradually eased and what was left behind was only peace.

Shang Ke's surrounding assembled a large amount of devil qi and converged into a great black whirlpool under the darkening sky. But the music also contained a large amount of faith which tangled with the devil qi. Shang Ke's place turned into the darkest yet brightest place.

Only with light, can darkness condense.

Only with darkness, can light shine.

"Shang Ke!" Tylor was the first one to notice the abnormality.

He could only see that Shang Ke's eyes were half closed and his face was completely pale. His lips were a captivating red shade colored like blood as the wispy strands of devil qi slowly twined around his fingertips like ribbons. The music condensed by the power of faith once again shone like stars in the darkness.

The devil qi gradually spread to Shang Ke's eyes, and like mass of dark flames, it churned. A drop of black tear slid from the corner of his eyes, leaving trails of dark tears on his jade-white face which immediately turned into a mass of black fog and vanished into the starry sky.

He drew darkness into his own body while he left the light for others.

"Shang Ke, stop!" Kaiser shouted once more.

Shang Ke's body was almost completely covered by the devil qi.

Only now did everyone notice the abnormality, they saw the devil qi around Shang Ke starting to bubble and they all subconsciously took a step back.