Chapter 30: You Are My Faith (XI)

TL : Snowy Codex

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

When the people in the other group heard their companion shout out "King level apostle," they were all alarmed, speedily taking out their weapons and staring vigilantly at Shang Ke's group.

When the man who identified Shang Ke saw that Tylor and the others were indifferent, he once again spoke loudly, "You guys don't believe me? I saw with my own eyes how this man killed my fourteen companions at Red Cloud Wasteland. It was only after staking my life that I could luckily escape."

Red Cloud Wasteland? Shang Ke searched through the original's memories, and there did seem to be something like that. The only difference was that this person hadn't even "staked his life" before escaping without a trace.

Everyone looked toward Shang Ke, with a pale face and gentle appearance. His brows contained a bit of weariness, but his eyes were kind, and he was completely calm.

Tylor stood by his side, his gaze cold.

The other people also had indifferent expressions, with no reaction toward that person's words.

"Sire has probably mistaken the wrong person." Kaiser spoke with a smile that didn't reach his eyes, "This person is our companion. There's no way he is a King level apostle."

"Even if you don't believe me, you should at least verify it first."

"Verify?" Youri smiled as he said, "You're suspicious that he is a King level apostle, but I think you guys look more the part."

Their gazes were all slack and their spirits clearly weren't good, a clear sign of being invaded by the devil qi. Compared to them, Shang Ke's group was full of vigor, and their minds were also clear. Shang Ke alone bore the negative influence brought upon by the devil qi, so his body was exceptionally weak. His group was not so bad as to be unable to distinguish whether or not his weakness was a pretense.

That person stared at them, stunned. He did not dare to believe that they actually did not have any suspicions against someone he had identified as a dangerous King level apostle.

"Have you all been brainwashed? To actually believe in a King level apostle?" That person shouted agitatedly, "Take care or you won't even know how you died."

"We will not trouble Sire. Please go." Tylor coldly saw them out, and did not plan to continue talking to them.

"No way!" That person roared, "He is the murderer that killed my companions. I can't just let him off like this!"

"What do you want to do?" Tylor asked.

"Kill him to take revenge for my companions!" That person brandished his weapon with a cruel glint in his eyes.

The people beside him also assumed fighting postures.

Shang Ke really wanted to remind them of what the purpose of their journey was and where they were. In this abyss thick with devil qi, any gap in their hearts would be magnified without end. If their faith wasn't firm enough, they could be swallowed by the darkness at any moment.

"Don't do anything," Shang Ke pulled Tylor's hand and whispered, "Most of the people in this group have been invaded by the devil qi, and any kind of stimulation may cause them to fall into madness. If we could dispel the devil qi in their bodies..."

"You just stay here obediently." Tylor gave him a severe glance, ordering, "You're not allowed to help other people absorb devil qi as you wish."

"Shang Ke, you just need to worry about taking care of your child. Leave the rest to us," Kaiser added from the side.