Chapter 32: You Are My Faith (XIII)

TL : Snowy Codex

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Despite everyone doing their best, with one faith missing, it was simply impossible to complete the sealing. The devil qi rushed out like a bursting dam, causing the final people holding fast to their faith to falter.

Tylor had to stop all of the people pouring in to attack them so that everyone could remain safe, and couldn't get away. The others wanted to help but had no ability to. Their powers of faith weren't firm enough, and they were unable to light their magic crystals amidst the devil qi.

When they were in imminent danger, a great power of faith shone upon the black cloudy sky like the sun.

Everyone couldn't help but squint their eyes. The power from before that seemed to have been depleted suddenly revived as if it had vitality poured in. Everyone immediately felt their spirits shake.

Their gazes looked toward the light source, only to see a small girl standing beside Shang Ke, quietly clasping a magic crystal.

White light emanated from her, and her eyes sparkled like precious stones as she stared unblinkingly at the devil qi-covered Shang Ke.

"Daddy."

Pupu's young voice passed through the dense devil qi and into Shang Ke's ears.

A pure heart and pure faith.

Pupu was young and held no fear. She called Shang Ke her father, and his care toward her was the source of her happiness.

With innocent love, she didn't hesitate as her faith for Shang Ke arose.

The devil qi on Shang Ke's body dispersed, and the sound of the harp stopped.

With seven types of faith, the seal was complete.

Plop, plop... the sound of all ten people standing falling weakly in succession could be heard.

The harp also tumbled from Shang Ke's hands as his body started to tilt backward.

Pupu rushed over and used her arms to push against Shang Ke's back, intending to hold him up, but the result was that she almost overwhelmed herself and fell. Thankfully, Tylor arrived quickly enough to hold both of them up.

Seven patterns of varying sizes appeared in the Devil's Tree's surroundings, firmly chaining and locking it.

The devil qi that had shrouded the sky gradually scattered, and the blue sky appeared once more before everyone's eyes.

Tears rose unbidden to everyone's eyes as bright smiles formed on their faces.

They all had messy hair and dirty faces, and were battered and exhausted, but their moods were like the sky, pure without dirt. They felt as though they had been reborn.

Tylor held Shang Ke and landed a kiss on his forehead. He felt his warmth and felt incredibly happy, like a burden was lifted off of him.

【Congratulations to host for completing the Main Mission–Sealing the Devil's Tree.】

【Host gloriously survived under the Main Mission. The System presents you five years of detained time.】

Five years? The detained time seemed to grow longer each time.

【If host completes two more near-death missions in this time frame and does not die, then host can choose to stay in the current world and freely live life without restrictions.】