☆4☆

*° •·*  and like weeds do, he only came and grew back again  *° •·*

phil:

(Dadza pogchamp)

    I walked all throughout the house, picking up any trash or random socks I found on the ground. Wil and Techno were currently at school, and I always liked to have everything be neat before they came, just in case they decided to invite anyone over.

    Not like they ever did, but just in case. Phil stop roasting your kids-

    I looked at the grandfather clock standing ominously in the living room. If I'm being quite honest, I had no clue why it was there in the first place. I think Will saw it when we went to a vintage shop once, and said we needed it immediately.

    I am glad we kept it, though. It melted my heart whenever I saw Wil reading a book, sitting with his back against the clock, his round glasses sitting on his face.

    I was heading back to the washing machine, ready to shove all of Techno's broken socks in for a wash, but was stopped when a loud knocking came from the front door.

    I put the basket with the clothes down, slowly walking to the front door. Obviously I'm not a fucking idiot, so I checked the window before opening the door.

    A small child was standing on my porch. I recognized him as the same boy that Wil and Techno were hanging around with yesterday. He was standing in front of the door, swaying back and forth on the balls of his feet.

    I walked to the front door, quickly unlocking and opening it.

    He looked very startled when he saw me open the door. My best bet is that he expected one of the boys to open the door, and got me instead.

    "Oh!" He was startled at my appearance. "I'm sorry, I was expecting Wil or Techno or something. Are they home by any chance?"

    "No, sorry mate, they're at school," I said, giving an apologetic smile. "They'll be home in an hour or so, though, so you're welcome to pass by then."

    "No, that's fine," he said, scratching the back of his neck in anxiousness. "Will you tell them I passed by?"

    I looked at the boy more closely. He seemed very keen on staying, or even waiting for a bit.

    "Would you like to wait inside?" I offered. His eyes widened, and I made sure to clarify just in case he didn't feel safe. "They'll be here in an hour, and if they don't get too distracted, they'll be here in 45 minutes. I can ask your parents if you'd like..?"

    He looked shocked, but quickly shook his head. "No need, I already told them I would be hanging over here for a bit."

    It got quiet again, and he started shuffling on his feet.

    "Would you..." I started. "Like to come in?" I opened the door wider, and he smiled back at me.

    "Yeah, thanks!" He stepped inside the house, making sure to take off his shoes at the front door. Once he made sure his shoes were sitting nicely on the floor, he looked back up at me. "Are you sure Wil and Techno won't be mad that I've came by?"

    I walked him to the living room, making sure he was comfortable on the sofa. "I'm sure, why'd you ask?"

    "I didn't really.. How would you phrase this nicely?" He trailed on. "Give a good first impression."