8

Midoriya laid on his side, peeking through the slim cracks of the cupboard door where it didn't quite fully close.

He laid curled up in his nest and under his blankets as he watched the four alphas in the main room. They all sat in a circle speaking quietly between themselves and playing some sort of card game.

It was almost a calming thing to watch. Midoriya didn't know what they were playing but it seemed as though it required a lot of concentration.

He couldn't help but wonder if this was a common activity the alphas tended to do when they were bored. It was almost laughable if you think about it.

He never knew alphas could look so peaceful, especially in a place like this. All the experiences he has had previously with alphas have all been strained at best and near abusive at best, even when he was posing as a beta.

It was refreshing to see they could act differently.

But even though they seem arguably better than most other alphas he might come in contact with, that doesn't really tell him that these alphas would be the ones for him.

He knows his omega has already made the decision that he likes these four but that doesn't necessarily mean that he himself is actually comfortable enough practically giving himself over to them.

"HAH! GO FISH, LOSER!!" Bakugo shouted in what could be seen as excitement. The omega had initially flinched at the loud sound, but he couldn't help the quiet giggled that spilled from his lips at the words.

Was that what they were playing? Go Fish? How adorable!

He never in a million years would have guessed they were playing such an innocent game.

He watched as Shinso grumbled with a slight pout on his lips as he drew a new card from the deck.

For some reason, the more he learned about these four, the more it seemed as though they were the sweetest alphas he would ever come across. Of course, he wasn't going to let that suede his opinion of them before he got to really know them, they could be the exact opposite of sweet (although he highly doubted that).

He wondered what the best way to get to know the alphas would be. Probably talking to them, to be honest, but was that something he wanted to do at that moment? Not really.

Right now he just wanted to lay there and be comfortable as he watched the others be themselves.

Eventually Todoroki ended up winning the game and they started a new round at the insistence of the blond.

This time their game was a little louder. It was obvious that the pack alpha was getting more into the game and was actively trying to win. Midoriya had to fight not to outright laugh at the olders behaviour.

Without warning purple alpha started to teeter forward before folding over his own lap, his cards falling out of his hands and scattering on the floor.

The strange thing was that none of the other three seemed to bat an eye at what should've been a concerning thing! They just took his now scattered card and shuffled them back into the deck and kept playing, all while Kirishima manueved Shinso's head so it was laying in his lap.

Why were they acting so calm? What's wrong with them? Is Shinso hurt and they just don't care? What's going on?

Izuku debated for a long minute on whether or not he wanted to leave his nest to possibly help the purple alpha.

He really didn't want to move but at the same time, he had to see if there was something he could do to help the purplette.

With his mind made up, Izuku scooted forward a bit and slowly opened the cupboard door enough to poke his head through.