Vincent Sinclair x Male Reader

- this fic isn't inherently romantic, more of a 'how they met' type story, I promise I'll make more romantic ones coming up, happy reading -

3rd POV

   Perfect. The word to describe the strange boy walking through the streets of Ambrose was perfect. Not a single mark on his skin, perfect complexion, perfect hair, perfect teeth, perfect eyes. Vincent was enthralled.

   Y/n was just trying to find some help, his car had broken down about a mile or two back and he noticed the town lights. But now he was hopelessly alone.

   "Help! Is anyone there? I need some help please!" The boy shouted into the empty town. Soon enough he got a response though, a big mechanic sneaking up behind him and giving him a little scare.

   "Sorry, didn't mean to startle you!" The large man chuckled, y/n sighing in relief at the sudden company, at least he wasn't alone anymore.

   The stranded boy explained his situation to who he now knew as Bo, the towns, well, everything. Y/n very quickly realized that the entire town seemed to be one huge wax museum. He was amused with this, it was such a neat concept, to have an entire town of wax, touristy.

   "Let me grab my tow truck and we can bring your car back here for a quick fix." Bo smiled, y/n liked this smile, it was warm, but something about his eyes was too cold. And he couldn't shake the feeling of being watched.

   Y/n sat alone in the wax museum, waiting for Bo to come back inside and tell him the truck was ready to go, but he never came. The boy sat patiently, tapping his fingers against the wood bench he was sitting on.

   Eventually y/n got bored of sitting and waiting, so he explored the museum, not daring to touch any of the figures in fear that he would break something. Y/n would make nice comments about each figure, pointing out the detail or how handsome some were to himself.

   "Oh you're absolutely dashing…" Y/n mumbled, coming up to a tall, muscular figure. The face wasn't too detailed but y/n found it so much more intriguing that way. The boy felt compelled to touch this one even though he hadn't touched any others.

   "Woah… Handsome and buff." Y/n commented, gently grasping at the figures bicep. Suddenly the figure flexed, making y/n freeze.

   The boy looked up to see the wax face staring directly at him, a single eye behind a mask blinking at him. Y/n was horrified, he'd just groped a real person thinking it was a wax figure.

   "I'm so sorry! I didn't realize you were… I'm sorry! Oh my God I'm so sorry!" Y/n lept back, a deep red hue encompassing his face. The figure slowly reached a hand towards y/n, and stroked the boys cheek with his thumb. The man's hands were soft and warm, it felt like when you dip your fingers in candle wax and peel it off.

   Y/n unconsciously leaned into the touch, the large hands were so gentle, and y/n felt safe. The boy had no idea why he immediately felt a connection to the figure in front of him, but he was soft and warm, so y/n didn't think much of it.

   "My name's y/n, what's yours?" Y/n said softly, a little sad when the masked man pulled his hand away.

   "That's my brother. Vincent." A gruff voice rang out behind y/n, almost making him jump. Bo was finally back, and he didn't look too happy with what he was seeing.

   Vincent started to sign to Bo, though y/n didn't know much sign language and couldn't decipher what he was saying. Bo on the other hand started an argument with his brother, talking about safety and outsiders, y/n still couldn't tell what was going on.

   "Fine!" Bo threw his hands up in anger, stomped over to y/n and grabbed his wrists. Y/n was scared for his life for the first time since he got to Ambrose, he struggled and looked to Vincent for help.

   "Look at me. My brother likes you. I don't. I want you gone. But you're pretty to him. So you're staying here." Bo stared daggers into y/n's soul, almost making him tear up. Vincent quickly rushed over to the two when Bo had finished talking and gently took y/n's bruised wrists into his soft hands.

   "Did I just get kidnapped?" Y/n asked quietly. He felt Vincent tense up, still holding onto the smaller boys wrists. The masked man looked to his brother for an answer. Bo simply nodded in response.

   Y/n was in shock, he didn't have anyone who would come look for him, his car was broken, and he had no money. There really wasn't much he could do, and so far the boys had only been nice to him, other than the little outburst Bo had, bruising y/n's wrists.

   Vincent pulled y/n out of his thoughts by running a careful hand over the boys cheek, wiping a tear, y/n hadn't realized was there, away. Y/n composed himself, and went to confront Bo, only to have Vincent stop him.

   "What are you…" y/n was cut off, Vincent had scooped up the smaller boy, carrying him like a bride down a long hallway and into a basement area in the museum, y/n giving quiet protests the whole time, but still hanging on tightly to Vincent's tight fit turtleneck.

   Y/n's vision was skewed for a moment as Vincent placed his hand over the boys eyes, there was something down here he didn't want y/n seeing, and knowing that, y/n wasn't sure if he wanted to see.

   Finally, the pair reached a small, well furnished room, it was expertly decorated and y/n couldn't help but smile a bit. Vincent was smiling too, under his mask of course, his new friend was so compliant, he was very happy about this outcome.

   "Um… it's really nice but… I can't stay…" y/n said, still clinging to Vincent. The artist gently put y/n down on the bed in the room, and gazed at him longingly.

   Through Vincent's body language y/n could tell he was upset, but what did he want him to do? He'd been kidnapped, that's not a regular occurance, and you definitely don't stay out of pity.

   "Maybe I could stay for a bit… But I'd like a room at the motel, not your basement…" y/n muttered, unsure of why he was agreeing to this, maybe it was the man's charm drawing him in, he'd always had a thing for the strong silent types, and he was so gentle.

   Vincent was obviously happy about this, picking y/n back up and holding him close to his large body. Y/n blushed at the gesture and once again grasped Vincent's shirt for support as he walked the boy out of the basement to tell Bo the good news.

   This was going to be a strange visit to Ambrose…

1202 words

Thanks for reading, sorry this wasn't too romantic, though I am working on more lovey fics for the future, happy reading.