Chapt 11: Code names

Shiiii writing 2 chapters in one night kinda hard... especially after not watching the anime in over 3 months, I guess I'll start binging during may again.. anyways it's fanfic time baebyyy
-

Y/n POV

By the time lunch came by, I picked up a sausage sub with stew (seen above)

Instead of putting the stew in a bowl, they put it in a portable container.

I walked back to the office, I'd feel too awkward to eat in front of so many officers and professional military men

I'd started multi tasking, eating, and writing down reports on minor incident from the nearby cities in the central area.

-time skip

Third pov:

It's been about 2 hours since Hughes left the office. He'd been gone since lunch actually..

A knock was heard before the door opened.

"Ah here you are miss"

"Would you happen to need Mr- "

"Actually no, I wouldn't want to talk about his daughter"

The colonel laughed a bit before telling y/n

"I'm actually here to pick you up. It's quite interesting seeing a 16 year old doing an old mans' work while he's talking about his daughter to everyone"

It felt as if the color in the room was drained.

"What else would ya expect colonel"

Mustang led y/n to his office in central and once he opened up the door-

"Well if is it isn't y/n"

Edwards' POV:

The way their face lit up with excitement and ran to me for a hug really pulled a string to my heart, I won't lie.

Enough to the point of picking them up and basically swinging her around.

I should've thrown her down

"Now that you too seem to have gotten closer by a single day. I have an announcement to give to the both of you."

Me and y/n sit down next to each other.

She seemed to be very eager and excited.

I was handed my letter and silver watch.

Y/n started reading her letter

"In the name of Fuhrer King Bradley, I appoint thee, Y/n L/n, to be a state alchemist, and grant the title 'Aqua Pura'. " 

(I'm rewatching it rn this straight from the subbed lol)

"That's quite the title huh, that'll be your code name"

The colonel explained

She stared at her letter and opened her silver watch.

"This also means the both of you will be assigned to me. As of today, both of you will be paired up for future missions."

"I gotta tell Al"

"Lemme tag along real quick man"

"Wait you two I still haven't-"

The door slammed.

Y/n pov:

The colonel didn't even get a CHANCE to say shit man

"Why would you call Al?"

"This is an opportunity for both of us. Besides, he's my brother"

"Makes sense haha"

-
Word count: 495
Sorry for the slow bad writers block thing. School ending tomorrow but expect the chapters finally aligning with the series now :,))