Chapt 15: The Fifth Laboratory

Low key surprised on how consistent I've been with the chapters recently. Then again my friends don't really invite me anymore soooooo yeah. Fake ass hoes but anyways
-

Y/n's pov

I stood up once I heard a voice talking back to Edward. I looked in the voice's direction and a man in armor walked into the light.

"Who are you pops?

Ed said. His face looked concerned and unsure of who this person was.

"I am the one in charged with guarding this place. I'll go by the name of 'Number 48' for now. And by the way, i'm not your pop. I have orders to dispose of any outsiders that come in here. Don't think ill of me kid"

"I could say the same."

Ed transmuted his automail. A couple of clicks were heard before my blade popped out. I hadn't fought anyone in a while so this won't end well. I had a small feeling I won't be getting out of here in one piece.

"Don't go underestimating two kids"

I took out a couple of my pouches and waited for the man to speak.

"An alchemist and a little girl, huh-"

The man in the suit of armor was a blur before he knocked me out. I could feel the handle hit the back of my head before I collapsed on the floor. Hard.

"Y/N!"

"Let's have a look at what you've got."

The last thing I remember seeing is Ed's frightened face. Before the man's sword struck Ed. I saw red before I blacked out.

Ed's pov

Y/n was down and I was alone trying to fight this guy.I need to get y/n out of here before i'm killed as well.

"Your prosthetic arm just saved your life.however, my trusty sword will pierce even steel!"

The sword almost went through my neck before I was able to stop it with the back of my arm. I went on the offensive mode and tried to get him away from y/n's unconscious body. They hit their head hard on the stone floor so hopefully it doesn't affect her too badly once she waked up. I kicked the man back and his body made a hollow sound from inside.

"Hey, hey, hey. Let me guess, pops, you're hollow on the inside, aren't you?"

"I'm impressed that you realized that."

"I spar against someone like you all the time, you see."

"Oh, so there are those like me on the outside, too, are there?"

"Wel;,, that's annoying. Imagine, there's some other idiot out there who came up with the idea of bonding a soul to a suit of armor!"

"Hmm.. let me introduce myself once again. '48' is my condemned prisoner number. In life.. or should I say, back when I had my living body, I was known as Slicer, the mass murderer."

"So you are a condemned prisoner. Tell me, they use condemned prisoners in this place as ingredients to make philosopher's stones, right?"

"That is difficult for me to answer. They just recognized my skills, gave me this body. And made me the watchdog of this place."

"Which means, you have a seal that serves as the medium between soul and armor."

"Yes, that is correct."

Slicer raised his face plate and revealed his blood seal in the back of his head. Before saying,

"This blood seal. If you destroy this, you win."