twenty two

Chaerin's forehead creased up and her eyebrows were scrunched together in confusion.

"Come again?"

She shook her head slowly, "Did I hear you correctly? I might have to join the gang?"

"Yes," Taeyong nodded and proceeded to lean on his desk. "You have a bigger target on your back now, and the only way we could protect you is if you're officially part of the gang,"

"I'm not forcing you Chaerin," Taeyong explained, "It's for your safety, I'll give you time to think about it."

Chaerin nodded and shot Taeyong a small smile in which he returned.

Taeyong pondered on it for a long time, he discussed it with Johnny and Doyoung too. He thought it was for the best.

He wasn't going to just stand around when Chaerin's life was in danger when he could do something about it. Blood doesn't have to be spilled this way.

The only problem is that a certain somebody might disagree.

• • •

Chaerin was now in her room, staring at the ceiling, her body spread out in bed.

A knock on the door snapped her out of her reverie.

"Yeah?"

The door opened to reveal a pair of brown eyes.

"How's the scolding?" Mark asked.

"Thankfully, I have had worse," she plopped back to the bed. Mark sat beside her.

"The others are waiting for you downstairs, the dreamies have tons of questions,"

"Taeyong offered me to join the gang," she said nonchalantly, glancing in his direction.

Mark looked confused for a second before it finally set in.

"What? No!" He stood up, "Did you say yes?"

"Not yet,"

"Don't," Mark shook his head, "What was he thinking? I'll talk to him," Mark then quickly made a move to leave the room.

Chaerin grabbed his wrist before he could leave the room.

"Don't tell me you're thinking of saying yes Chaerin," Mark said seriously.

Chaerin stood up and faced Mark. "Hear me out okay?"

Mark was about to protest but Chaerin glared at him.

"Hear me out first, I have nothing else to lose Mark," Chaerin started, "Plus it will be safer for me to join the gang, I'm already too deep in,"

"Chaerin you can't back out of this,"

"I know, I thought about it," She sighed, "It will do more good than harm, I promise,"

Mark looked conflicted.

"Hey, It's my choice okay? I'll be fine," She smiled at Mark and he sighed in defeat.

"You better not get yourself seriously hurt," he shook his head.

"Yeah, yeah," She tugged Mark's hand, "Come on let's tell Taeyong and go down."

___________________________

exhilarating | mark leegabrielle_010

gabrielle_010