[John needs go back home before he is] Sleeping on the Sidewalk

Shifting, in John's opinion, was like getting into a shower

Shifting, in John's opinion, was like getting into a shower. One never looks forwards to it and sees it as an inconvenience, but once one gets in, they don't want to get out. John would dread the shift, but after it happened he would almost always have an absolute blast.

His first full moon in London was no different.

He loped through the trees of Hyde Park as Brian showed him their pack territory. It was not near as beautiful, peaceful, or natural as Hompy Bong Forest, but it was the best that London could offer. For instance, Hompy Bong Forest had loads flora and fauna variation while Hyde Park offered close to none in comparison. However, Hyde was free of animal traps and campers while Hompy Bong Forest seemed full of them. It seemed that the only thing the two places had in common was the fowl memories associated with them.

The Lycans played across the hills, chasing each other around like puppies. Funny that we never got along this well in human form, John thought. Brian was faster than John with his long legs, but John was more agile and change directions in a flash of lightning.

Once they tired each other out from the chase, Brian paraded John down a hill and behind a rock. John recognized the sight immediately and pushed past the larger wolf to marvel at the neat and tidy wolf den. He pawed at one of the walls and looked back at Brian who beamed with pride. John wagged his tail, Very good, pup. Excellent job.

Brian led John along a trail and the two shivered at the stale smell of the hunters and their silver weapons. They trotted far away from the smell of danger towards the Long Water. John was tempted to go splashing in the pond, but he knew that he would smell horrible afterward.

There was a colony of squirrels that taunted his very existence by the pond. He hunted a particular rodent bugger down and had it in his mouth, ready to kill. Brian nipped at John's ankle causing John to yelp in pain and release the squirrel. His prey ran up a tree and almost immediately started teasing him again from above.

John snarled and snapped at Brian. You lost food! he growled.

Brian bared his teeth back, It was an innocent living creature!

The smaller wolf lunged at Brian and the two wrestled on the ground until they pushed themselves away from each other.

A tie, John decided. Brian dipped his head in agreement.

They walked back to Brian's den. A foreign smell hit John's nose, a smell of two people. Brian's hackle raised as they approached his den and the human noise grew louder. They prowled along the treeline to get a better look at their invaders.

To John's horror, the intruders were a couple of teenagers shagging in Brian's den. Brian snarled from the trees and his eyes lit up like a match. John stepped in front of him and nudged him with his shoulder.