Like an old married couple ~ Wanda Maximoff

"Can you stop and give me peace for like two minutes?!" Wanda whispered harshly at me, nodding to the small knife that I had been flicking around my fingers until it clanked off the metal of the floor that my hand was resting on.

We were sat on the floor of the quinjet which was probably somewhere over the Atlantic. Wanda and I had had been in the middle of an argument when we were called for the mission.

It wasn't about anything serious, in fact it started over something so small but spiralled out of control. She thought I was being unappreciative about her cooking, leading her go on strike and not cook for me. I, of course, didn't see the problem and it was frustrating that she wouldn't talk to me. By the end of it, we had brought up every irritating thing about the other in a spiral of anger in us both.

The rest of the team were watching us sit opposite each other, which was unusual, and completely ignore the other, apart from the occasional 'stop doing that' or 'why are you looking at me'.

"All because I didn't say thank you more than 100 times for dinner, only 99." I retorted sarcastically, making her roll her eyes and fold her arms.

"I've stayed out of it long enough. We have been on this plane for an hour and I can't stand the constant bickering anymore. Pull up your big girl pants and get over it." Natasha shouted from the co-pilot seat. "You two are best friends, don't let something small get between you like this." Rodgers tried to reason but only made us roll our eyes at him.

"Were best friends." I corrected and went back to spinning the small blade in my fingers, hitting it quietly off the floor, knowing it wound only annoy her.

"You two are such an old married couple. Ask her out already." Tony teased Wanda and I looked up briefly to see a blush spread across her face.

When the jet landed, we all jumped into action, swiftly making our way towards the base. I pulled out the two knives that were securely in my belt, saving the holstered guns for after we had lost the element of surprise.

We slipped into the base undetected and took out HYDRA agents as we swept the halls swiftly. When we made it to the records room, things got complicated. Natasha, who had been at the front, took out one guy and disarmed the other but a third guard fired his gun as we rushed in, alerting the rest of the base to our presence. Wanda threw the guy against the wall and he was out cold.

Natasha went straight to the computer and plugged in a USB and started to upload the data. Tony, Wanda and I slipped back into the hallway to guard the room and soon it was flooding with HYDRA agents.

I used my knives to slit throats and stab vital arteries until I had lost them all in dead bodies. I slipped my hand guns out if their holsters and aimed them towards the incoming group. I pulled the triggers repeatedly, every shot I fired hitting foreheads. When there seemed to be none left, I peered at the hallway littered with bodies and the two other teammates who were gathering themselves for the next round we knew would come.

Suddenly the door clicked open and Natasha and Steve slipped out, "We got it, let's go." He told us. We ran through the maze of halls which all looked the same to me and as we turned a corner, we were met with 50 agents running at us. "Split up." Stark yelled and I darted to the left and down an empty corridor, Wanda behind me.

I looked back at the swarm of them running at us and I grabbed her hand instinctively and took a sharp right. We ran until we got to another corner and took a left. I stopped and reloaded my guns, and using the corner of the wall as cover, I picked off some of the agents.

I saw red engulf the group and looked behind me to see Wanda, looking like a badass may I add, have the same red bipity-bopity-bo stuff coming from her hands. Just then, the coms came on, "The place is self destructing. Everyone get out." Steve's voice told us. My eyes went wide with the new information.

When my eyes darted back to Wanda, she had the same look on her face so once again, we took off into a sprint. We ran through endless corridors until an exit door was in sight. The heat I felt on my back told me to pick up the pace which Wanda seemed to feel too as she was now ahead of me.

She used her powers to swing the door off its hinges and we ran through it, the both of us panting. Just after we had made it through the door, I felt and intense burning over the back of my body and once again I grabbed Wanda. However, this time I brought her to the ground from behind while covering her, using myself as a human shield for her.

When the blast subsided, she slowly rolled me off her and I winced at the contact. "Oh my god y/n. You're so stupid. Why would you do that!" She yelled but I couldn't mistake the tears that poured down her face.

I grabbed her hand and squeezed it slightly, "You are incapable of cooking a bad meal, it's always amazing." I whispered weakly. "Don't leave me." She sobbed and placed her hands on my cheeks, "I love you, please don't go." She whispered but my eyes were getting heavier. "I...l-love...you...t..." I panted but my eyes fell closed before I could finish and everything was blank.