8

Asami

It's Thursday and I'm supposed to be meeting up with Korra tomorrow evening. I've given that a lot of thought too. At first I settled on not going but something about that scene in English made me change my mind. I'll just have to turn up to see if she's being serious or not. Also, how did she even get my number? Why did Korra even want my number, why didn't she just ask me for it in person? That girl is a mystery that I want to stay clear of.

Science, first period. Joy. I couldn't find Opal this morning or the others either. I was a little later than usual, only because I was trying to distract my mind by fixing the engine that's gone bust. My parents should really consider buying new parts or just a new car all together.

The bell soon rang and the halls didn't take long to fill up with students. As I was making my way through someone managed to catch my shoulder, barging me out the way and I drop most of my books that I had in my grasp.

"Sorry." I'm not sure who that was but his voice was low and slow.

I don't really look up either, I'm more interested in picking up my things so I can get out of the way of the other people.
"Watch where you're going Tahno, you had the whole hall to walk around her."

I stiffen at that voice, I know exactly who that is. I begin to gather my things even quicker but as I reach for the pen that was sprawled out on the floor, Korra grabbed it first. She's everywhere I go! I look up to see her smiling face yet she looks paler than usual. The dark rings under her eyes were getting darker, does this girl ever sleep? Her hand extends towards me with my pen between her fingers.
"You like dropping this pen don't you?"

I take the pen a little forcefully than I intended to and reached for my bag. Korra took my bag in her hands and slung it around her shoulders.
"Sorry about Tahno, he can be an asshole sometimes."

"What are you doing?" I say, getting to my feet. I feel everyone's eyes on me and I reach for my bag so I can run away from this debacle. However Korra had different ideas, she pulled my bag away out of my reach. This girl can be frustrating when she wants to be.

Korra pauses for a moment.. a little longer for a moment. She suddenly found the floor interesting as she awkwardly shuffled my bag further up her shoulder.
"We have Science together right?" she asks, that smug smirk displayed on her face as she suddenly looked up.

We have every class together, if you would at least pay a little attention then maybe you would know that.
"Yes." I answer, glancing around the halls. They were all looking, stopping and looking.
"Can I have my bag now?"

"Sure." she says and begins to hand it to me but pulls it back when I reach for it. What is she playing at?
"But can I walk you to class?"

Seriously?
"No thanks."

"Why not? I mean it's better than walking alone."

Walking with you attracts too much attention, alone is better.
"I prefer it that way." I say, ripping my bag out of her hands. I sling it over my shoulder and continue down the half empty hallways, I'll be late if I don't hurry. Korra didn't hesitate to jog up next to me, matching my pace in a few seconds.

"I find it lonely." She says. Not everyone has the luxury of having the whole school bend over backwards for them.

I keep my mouth shut and my eyes forward, pretending that this woman wasn't by my side. I keep remembering that conversation on the phone last night, her project list and all of those none existing places. And that same question spun around my head.
"How did you get my number?"

"I told you, I guessed the right ones." She answers.

Of course it's not going to be that easy to get a straight answer from this girl. I'll have to figure it out myself.
"You know I'm actually trying to complete this project but you're always distracting me."