[20] you don't know

My name is Beatrix Handover.

I'm from...I'm from...New York? Yeah. New York. The Bronx. That's it.

I work with...um. Iron Man. I work with Iron Man and the Avengers.

Pietro Maximoff. Blue. Fast. Who was he? P, P something? What was his name again?

She felt a sharp pain in her head. An all too familiar pain that she wanted nothing more than for it to stop. And she was forgetting. But forgetting what?

My name is Beatrix Handover.

I'm from the Bronx and I work with Tony Stark and the rest of the Avengers to protect the citizens from things they can't even begin to understand.

Speedy. Who's Speedy?

"Princessa," Pietro greeted, leaning against the frame of the door as he watched her. "It's the middle of the night, why are you still awake?"

She looked up at him with a raised eyebrow, "Couldn't I ask you the same thing?" He shrugged before pushing himself off the wall and walking toward her. He sat down on the end of her bed and she watched him curiously.

"What are you doing?"

"Keeping you company," he replied simply. "You tend to overthink when you're alone. Something tells me this is no exception."

Her eyes narrowed slightly but she said nothing. She moved the blanket over and gestured to the spot next to her, "Come on then."

"What?"

"If you're going to insist on staying, you may as well be comfortable," she explained. "Come on."

He reluctantly moved from where he sat and slid into the spot next to her. She moved the blanket so that it covered him and he watched her, "This is weird."

She snorted, "Not as weird as you showing up in my room at three in the morning."

"I would not have come had you not been awake."

Something told her that this was a lie. His room was right next to hers and she could hear his constant movements in his room. Even fast pacing was relatively loud. And the walls were thin. What she couldn't figure out was why he couldn't sleep.

Pietro shifted slightly and moved so that his head rested on his pillow. Beatrix followed in suit, turning her head slightly to look at him. "Are you okay?" she asked in a hushed tone.

He stared at the ceiling for a moment, leaving them in a rather odd silence. "Don't worry about me, Princessa," he suggested. He turned to look at her as well, flashing her a smile, "I am just fine."

The sharp pain radiated in her skull and throughout her body. Stop, she pleaded. Make it stop.

My name is...my name is...What's my name?

"Turn it off," someone spoke up and the contraption was removed from the girls head. Relief washed over her as she felt as though she could finally breathe, grateful that the pain had stopped.

They pulled Beatrix out of the chair and she stumbled slightly. Everyone had their eyes on her and she grew confused. Someone stepped forward and she couldn't help but think he looked familiar although she wasn't sure as to why. "So?" he asked her eyebrows pinched together.

She searched her mind for a response. Anything really. Anything would have been better than the silence that had graced the room. She wanted - no, needed - to keep them happy. Two words popped up in her head and she felt herself relax. Her voice came out monotone, foreign to even herself, "Hail HYDRA."