Chapter Eighteen

Warnings: Fluff and mentions of the flu. <3

It had been a couple days after I went to the Criminal Minds set and when Chris and I took that walk in the park.

He's been trying to be better and I could tell.

Liam hadn't been working for two days now so I decided to ask the other doorman for his address to make sure everything was okay.

I pulled up to an older home near downtown LA. I walked up the stairs and knocked.

"Liam?"

"Ms.y/n! Oh please I would invite you in but I have a bit of a cold."

"Liam you had me worried sick, don't be silly I'll be fine."

I walked past him and entered his home. It was very 1900s, older furniture, large frames of art everywhere.

"Here I brought you some tea."

I placed it on his dining room table.

"Thank you Ms.Y/n."

I nodded and smiled. He was such a cute old man.

"..are you still dating that hunk of shit?"

I laughed at his reference to Chris.

"Liam! He is not a hunk of shit."

"Somethin about that kid I don't like."

I could tell Liam was sick because when he spoke he sounded very congested.

"Alright, alright, Cmon I'll help you to the living room."

I gently took his arm and walked with him to his living room. I sat him down and ran to his kitchen to make some tea. I didn't have anything else planned for the day so I decided I'd stay with him for a while.

I wore one of Chris's hoodies with some leggings and some sneakers. It was very cold this morning in LA, I figured the weather change was probably what gave Liam his cold.

"Here you are Liam."

"Thank you."

He sipped his tea. I looked around to find a multiple photos of a woman and Liam together. Possibly his wife.

"So tell me Liam, do you have any family?"

He shook his head. My eyes went soft. How could this sweet man not have any family? Who was the woman in the photos, I thought to myself.

"I have a brother, but I haven't heard from him in 20 years. We had a falling out."

I nodded my head.

"... and the last I heard of him was that he had a grandson and they live somewhere in New York."

He added.

"Maybe, one day you could do find them?"

I advised.

"I don't think so sweetheart, my brother wouldn't wanna see me."

Liam was holding something back and I could tell. But he didn't want to say anything else.

"And how about this woman? Who is that?"

I pointed to her. Liam sighed and his eyes teared up.

"My dear wife, Annie. I miss her everyday. There was an a-accident a couple years ago that took her from me."

My eyes started to tear up as well. He began to shake, spilling tea everywhere, in reaction to remembering that horrible memory.

"It's okay Liam. You don't have to say more."