thirteen

It was the next morning when Haechan had awoken, immediately catching sight of his soulmate and son still sleeping.

A sigh emitted from his lips when he saw the two, relaxed and peaceful.

"Don't be a douche anymore, Hyuck." Haechan told himself as he looked at Yunhee, her face still slightly puffed from the previous day.

Haechan regretted acting so rude to her. He was mad at himself for ever treating anyone that way and even at her for blaming herself.

Like Kyungmi and Jiyeon, Yunhee also held a pretty difficult past and Haechan immediately knew it from the way she blamed herself for his own wrongdoings.

Yunhee stirred in her sleep, the feeling of someone's gaze waking her up. Her eyes slowly drifted open and there she saw Haechan staring at her and her eyes widened slightly.

"Morning?" She said in a question-like tone and Haechan's face became red from embarrassment.

"Uh- Sorry. I was just trying to see if you were awake." Haechan said and Yunhee smiled a bit, finding his flustered state adorable.

"You're fine." She told him and a cocky smile appeared on his face out of nowhere.

"I know I am." He said and Yunhee furrowed her brows, confused as to what he meant.

She finally understood the joke after a few seconds and let out a laugh which Haechan smiled at.

"Do you have work today?" He asked after she finished laughing and she simply shook her head.

"Do you?" She asked and he shook his head as well.

"Then we should probably spend the day... getting to know each other?" He suggested and she nodded her head in agreement.

"I think that's what we need after a week and a half of living together." She laughed out and once again, Haechan smiled. The hatred he felt was gone and it led him to realize something: he was only hating her as an excuse to cover up the fact that the soulmate effect was trying its hardest to take place.

Now that his hatred had diminished, Haechan felt the heart flutter he had never felt before at her smile and laugh.

"I'll go ahead and get ready then since I woke up first and I can order some breakfast for us since I'm too lazy to actually cook." He told her and she nodded in understanding.

"I'll stay with Kyungsan in case he wakes up." She told him and he smiled at her before getting up and readying himself for the day.

A sudden giggle erupted the second Haechan left the room and Yunhee looked at the toddler she once assumed was sleeping.

Kyungsan did his hardest not to put a smile on his face and to keep his giggles in but it led to no avail as he opened his eyes slightly and caught sight of Yunhee staring at him with a playfully-angered smile and furrowed brows.

"Now what are you laughing about?" Yunhee asked as she began tickling her son, loving the way his laughter flooded the room and the pure delight that sounded into her ears.

"Daddy likes you~" Kyungsan teasingly cooed and got out of Yunhee's grip.

"What're you talking about?" She asked, not understanding how a toddler could understand the concept of liking someone in the way he teased.

"I can feel it, Mommy. Right here and here." Kyungsan said as he pointed at his heart and his head, indicating the brain.

"They're telling me Daddy likes you and that you have to fall in love!" Kyungsan exclaimed happily and at that, Yunhee widened her eyes. How the fuck did he know what love meant in terms of two adults?

"Mommy what does 'fuck' mean?" Kyungsan suddenly asked and Yunhee clasped her hand over his mouth as shock overtook her body.

"It's- um- How do you know about that word?" Yunhee asked and once again, Kyungsan giggled.

"You said it just now." He informed her and Yunhee then realized that she had spoken her thoughts aloud.

"Well- It's a word only grown-ups can use. Don't ever say it, okay?" Yunhee asked and as much as Kyungsan wanted to retaliate, he decided to obey his mom and not say the word.

"Anyways, why do you say that your dad and I have to fall in love already?" Yunhee asked, curiosity taking the best of her.

"Why else do you think I'm here? I have to make you and Daddy fall in love!" Kyungsan exclaimed and Yunhee once again became wide-eyed.

She knew she had to fall in love with Haechan. That was the point of soulmates but the reality of it all still shocked her and her mind began to wander. She began to wonder how long it would even take them considering the fact that they barely got on good terms.

In the midst of her thoughts, Haechan came through the bedroom door and a bright smile formed on his face at the sight of his son now awake.

"Hey kiddo!" Haechan exclaimed and a bright expression was put on Kyungsan's face at his sight.

"Daddy!" Kyungsan yelled as he got up on the bed and wobbled over to Haechan, immediately going into his arms.

Haechan placed small pecks on Kyungsan's cheek until his gaze then saw Yunhee sitting there in deep thought.

"What's your mom thinking about?" Haechan asked, curious as to what happened while he was gone for that short time.

"Probably because I said you two have to fall in love." Kyungsan replied nonchalantly and Haechan's eyes visibly widened.

"Why do you guys keep doing that when I say that?" Kyungsan asked, not understanding what the entire shock was.

"It's nothing." Haechan replied, not wanting to crush the child's spirits. Of course Haechan knew he had to fall in love with her as well but it was all a bit too fast and Jyungsan was simply trying to speed things up.

"Okay!" Kyungsan exclaimed with a smile before it dropped and a serious look being put on his face.

"Now kiss." He said sternly and Yunhee and Haechan just laughed a bit at the way her adorable son attempted to be intimidating.

"Mommy still needs to brush her teeth. Her breath is stinky." Haechan fake whispered into Kyungsan's ear and looked at Yunhee to see if she heard it and she unsurprisingly did.

"Hey!" Was all she could say as she lightly smacked his arm, causing the three to laugh.

The doorbell then rang and Yunhee looked at Haechan who smiled.

"Breakfast is here. Go get yourself ready. We'll be downstairs." Haechan said and Yunhee nodded her head as she exited the room and entered the bathroom, evident smile on her face. Things were going smoothly already and she was happy things were better.

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────
"I want a kid now!" Someone whined as he looked at the interactions with the family.

"Give me kids." He said sternly to someone who shook their head.

"You're insane."

"I want a kid."

"Give the man a kid so he can shut up."

"Nope!"