chapter 8

the next morning...

we woke up and he went into emma's room to get an extra pair of clothes that he has here. i got ready. i wore

 i wore

and did my everyday makeup and curled my hair

and did my everyday makeup and curled my hair. when i walked downstairs i saw him in the living room sitting with stella. he looked me up and down. and bit his lip a little bit. i grabbed my backpack from the side of the couch because i left it in there last night.

he stood up. "ready to go beautiful?" he asked. i nodded my head. he grabbed his keys and we went outside.

i climbed into his truck and shut the door. he started driving and put his hand on my thigh.

the car ride was kind of quiet. i had my phone plugged into the aux though so my music broke the silence.

as we pulled up to school,i saw that emma's car was already there. when he parked i got out of his truck and so did he. we walked into the school together.

i saw emma near my locker waiting for me.

i walked up to her.
"hey,was everything okay last night" she asked me. do i tell her that me and nate were kissing the whole night or do i pretend nothing happened? "um yeah everything was good" i smiled. "awesome" she said.

she ended up filling me in on her situation with jake. nate caught up with us and she told him that jake only wanted her to go for a late night booty call.

"i like went over there and he apologized for being a dick and then we fucked. like is that all i am to him? a booty call? i used to be his girlfriend that he loved and respected." she said and rolled her eyes.

she deserves so much better than him. but she loves him. and she'll always go back to him even though he hurts her everytime.

"i'm sorry emma" i said and gave her a hug. she smiled at me. "aw it's okay kiddo" she said with a sweet smile. nate pushed on her shoulder a little bit and said "if you'd let me beat him up he wouldn't treat you that way".

i giggled and she hit his shoulder. he smiled and i could feel his arm creep down my back. i smiled at him. emma couldn't see his arm because me and him were standing next to each other facing her.

the bell rang and we all said bye to eachother and went to our classes.

like usual,my day was super boring but went by kind of fast. and luckily today emma was bringing me home from school,so i didn't have to deal with nate.

it's not that i didn't want to see him. it's just that i don't know what to do or say around him.

me and emma got home. i went inside and laid on the couch with my dog like usual. i was staring at the tv when i heard the door open. i turned and saw nate standing there next to emma.

"hey fucker" she said to him. he smiled. "sup" he said. "we need to do that project for biology" she said. he rolled his eyes. "i fucking hate that class." he groaned. she nodded her head agreeing.

he didn't say anything to me but he did see me. i watched his eyes look my body up and down. and i saw a little smirk appear onto his perfect face.

"fuck i forgot my markers in my locker" emma said. "go grab them,the school is still open,everyone has practice right now" nate said. she nodded her head. "i'll be back"
she said.

why did she leave me alone with him again? ughh.

as soon as she left nate made his way into the living room. he smirked at me. "hey" he said. i smiled. "hey" i said back.

he came and sat down with me. his hand immediately was on my thigh. and he gave it a squeeze. "how was your day" he asked me. which was weird. i feel like nate doesn't actually care about how anyone's day went except his own. but maybe he's just trying to be nice. "it was good. how was yours" i asked.
"it was amazing. only cause i woke up next to you and i'm with you right now" he said.

what a fucking player. he's good though.

i smiled. he looked at me and kissed me

"you know i really like you skylar"